Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moving the AC Control

rhino-man

Spa-Francorchamps
Our 996 has the AC controls at the top of the centre console, radio just underneath. We now have a Pioneer radio with a motorised screen that pops up in front of the AC controls.

I'm aware of the panel I can purchase to relocate the AC lower down the console but what can I fill the hole with. I tried the existing cubbies from the bottom of the console but they don't fit. Any suggestions please??

I guess you would need to fabricate or adjust something to fit as the a/c controls hole is not a standard size and nothing exists to do what you are doing as its usually pcm that goes in the hole created by moving a/c down and removing single din radio.

Would one Of The lower cubby holes or CD holders fit with some blocks on the sides so it would screw in then the a/c bezel glued on to hide the gaps. Sounds slapdash but that's all I can think of short of scanning the a/c controls redesign to make a cubby and 3d printing them

Says it's a genuine porsche part so presumably available from UK dealer network? Never knew this existed some good digging there. Would be interested what the head unit looks like up and down..

Found the same kit on ebay from (9Apart for £79.00 so better than carriage and import charges), but checked with the OPC and £48+vat before my PCGB discount so have ordered it. I'll post some pictures when I've had a chance to install.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back