Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Indy ?????

-- 997 --

Barcelona
Hi all, has anyone had any dealings with HP Porsche in Ilford London by any chance? Need a trusted Indy to carry out work when needed etc!!

Cheers

J

Attachments

• 20180408_100445_129.jpg
    20180408_100445_129.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,882
Visited them with another forum member when he was after a Turbo. He got them to do an inspection on the proposed purchase - actually more like paid for an hour labour to go examine the car. No report nothing, just a grubby fingerprinted jotter pad with some hieroglyphs as notes. The guy said there were a few things wrong - one of which was a f&cked 2nd gear synchro - but he quoted silly (cheap) money to fix it - around £1200 or so (its at least £4k to do it properly). So no idea where he got that price from - his hourly labour rates divided into that price might cover labour without any parts being purchased!

Seemed OK and very full of Porsche cars. Hopefully someone here on the forum uses them as their indy and will be along to give you their impression on servicing and maintenance work using them.

I'd recommend Sid (Porsche Torque) in Unxbridge.

Les said:
I'd recommend Sid (Porsche Torque) in Unxbridge.

Come highly recommended but tends to be very busy

Further south would be 9 Excellence or Prescion .. for 9E then get Matt to work on your car ... an old friend of mine who's an excellent Porsche mechanic .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126373

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back