Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How are your first two gears?

Haha, I've had a few offers funnily enough! :D

But no, I'm down south

@Phil997, reading more then engine mounts could be a good shout (along with oil of course). Sounds like a must. Probably go stock.

Was going to do the head unit next, but this is more annoying

Have to double declutch in first on a cold day when first starting with a factory SSK. I figured this was pretty normal behaviour.

Ishay said:
@Phil997, reading more then engine mounts could be a good shout (along with oil of course). Sounds like a must. Probably go stock.

Was going to do the head unit next, but this is more annoying

The engine mounts is only a 15 min job mate well worth doing for a number of reasons , and yes if you dont want to introduce any NVH then new stock is the way to go, dont forget to get your garage to inspect the transmission mount as well for and sign of wear/play or stretch of the inner rubber :thumb: and if it needs doing they are only about £30 again go stock rather than a poly insert as it does add a little NVH with the insert :thumb:

I noticed improved 1st to 2nd gear change when engine mounts were replaced. Even more improvement was gained when i had clutch fork release and clutch slave cylinder replaced last month.

And clutch pedal is much lighter.

I read recently ,gear linkage cables can be adjusted or renewed !?

Ishay said:
I have a manual 997.1 Turbo. It's been away a while and I've been driving some simple hire cars. Since I've got it back I can't get over how 1st and 2nd gears are a bit awkward. 3rd and up are rifle action clean, but 1st and 2nd take a bit of care. Also, when in traffic and pushing down the clutch in first there is a bit of a minor shudder from the drivetrain.

Does this all sound normal or do you think the clutch (which was only changed around 2014) or something else might need a look?

I have the same in my gen1 turbo. It's got factory SSK too

Definitely worse when been standing, usually first to second. I've changed the gearbox oil (OPC) which helped a bit but it still needs care when cold. Interesting to hear about new engine mounts. Will try these next

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back