Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa Rear Window Stuck

Panda996

Trainee
Hi All
Some advice needed please on how to tackle a stuck closed rear window on my 2002 Targa.
Nothing happens when pressing the switch, so im thinking electrical fault.
I have located a set of full wiring diagrams for the 996 but these only cover the fixed top and cabriolets. Dated 1998 so i guess they were printed before the Targa model came out. Im struggling to find online a set of Targa wiring diagrams.
Would it be reasonable to think the fuse for the cab roof would be the same one used for the targa roof system? If not, can anybody advise the fuse number?
Ive checked most of the fuses that I think it 'might' be and they are all fine, so is there a manual emergency pull cable to release the catch and open the window?
In the past I have had issues (dampness) with the relay bank under the rear backrests, so would that be a good place to start looking if one of the relays is the control for the window latch motor?
Any help much appreciated.Thanks

Does the glass roof open and shut ok ?

My initial thought is its not fully closed and as a safety aid the rear glass hatch wont open untill that is fully closed .

There is a micro switch on the cables that tells the control unit its shut .. ill see if i can find some info on it later tonight for you .

EDIT .. to add pictures

Attachments

• micro_switch_100.jpg
    micro_switch_100.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 1,345
  • hatch_opening_150.jpg
    hatch_opening_150.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 1,335
Demort....You absolute Jedi Master!

Yes you were right... Just opened the roof and closed it with a firm helping hand to make sure it had fully shut, and the window switch worked first time.
That's made my day... was starting to think I would need to find the credit cards!

Will give the roof runners and mechanisms a good clean and silicon greasing when tackling the annual spring clean next week.

Many Thanks

:worship:

Great post, thanks for that.
I am also suffering from water ingress into the n/s rear seat so will follow the tube clearing tips when i do the spring clean.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back