Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

London detailer required after mini restoration

Fulla

Sao Paulo
My car has finally had some love administered to it. I have driven it in all weathers on all roads and added almost 100k miles and slashed at least £2mil from it's value....it has been good to me and only once has it thrown a hissy fit and spun me around...which was more my fault then the cars.
After a shunt at Xmas it was time to address all the other issues whilst having the Insurance work done.
When I get the final details I'll share on a thread and I should have some photos of the process but of the top of my head it has had:
Chassis legs,
Drivers Check Strap,
Front Scuttle,
Door dings removed,
Rust wherever it was found removed,
And new parts here and there such as OE screen and rubbers.
Last time I saw it there was a lot of primer, it seems more primer then paint, but I am assured it will look sensational when back and I am sure I'll go nuts when I get the 1st stone chip or scratch...
So it is now at the stage where I can have the paint protected with a detail and corrected on the areas that didn't get any new paint...but who to use?
Can any of the illuminati recommend someone who can help and would travel to the garage that has administered the love? (Langley/Datchet Area)
I was going to take it to Final Touch Repair and Topaz for them to look and advise and am not sure if they will travel.

Topaz get very good reviews. Why not trailer the car to them when it's finished and have them detail the car and add PPF to the whole front area. :thumb:

C.

Have you had a new wiper widget fitted :dont know:

I've spoken with Annabel at Topaz a couple of times and have been very impressed with their offering. Haven't had a chance to book the car in as yet given I've not had the car back to mainland much this year so far.

Zingari said:
Have you had a new wiper widget fitted :dont know:

Not only a new widget but after 10 years of ownership the correct OE screen and surrounding rubbers!

Thanks for the tips, I was already going to visit Topaz when the car returns and will also give Devine a call.

Fulla, did you consider the full re-spray option?, will they match the paint well enough?, it would worry me.

Trev

max protect in kings langley did mine, polish detail and nano coat which I was very pleased with.
PS I will probably see your car on Sat if it's still there :)

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Fulla, did you consider the full re-spray option?, will they match the paint well enough?, it would worry me.

Trev

I trust Pete at Tognola and Tony the guy who did the work is a proper old school gent who knows his stuff. I got to view the car part way through to discuss some extra's and was walked around what I could see that was done and what I couldn't see had the explanation of the rust prevention that was done.

It didn't need a full respray just a good amount of care applied with rust, parking dents removed and new paint to damaged areas.

I haven't seen it yet but am confident I'll be pleased. I am hoping to get some photos up of before, during and after once it's back with me.

Interestingly I took the car to RPM last year (prior to the accident damage at the back) and they would only consider a full restoration on the car starting at £15k...they said come back in a few years when it's got worse...
I then went to see Pete who discussed what was needed which was considerable less then a full restoration.
For me it is a usable car, it isn't meant to be perfect and I wouldn't ever want it to be fully restored to look like new. I like the fact the interior shows some wear and it has lived a life and been loved and used.

jhrfc said:
max protect in kings langley did mine, polish detail and nano coat which I was very pleased with.
PS I will probably see your car on Sat if it's still there :)

If Glasman gets the new screen in this week it might be at Pete's....I am off to Essex in a hired Corsa....which isn't as bad as it sounds...week before last I had to drive to Birmingham in a Micra...which had me thinking that if I had a Micra and would want autonomous car's to get a hurry up! Worst car I have ever, ever driven.

crash7 said:
A little further west than Datchet but you could try Elite Car Care in Maidenhead.
:yes: Alex at Elite - a great guy who really knows his stuff...

Chris993C2 said:
crash7 said:
A little further west than Datchet but you could try Elite Car Care in Maidenhead.
:yes: Alex at Elite - a great guy who really knows his stuff...

Cheers Crash7 and Chris, I'll be popping to see these guys when I finally get to pick up the car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back