Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Mounts

Fitted my RSS ones over the weekend.

Very easy to do with the right tools, of which on the 997.2 you need a T55 Torx bit for the bottom nuts :thumb: which differs from the 997.1 and older cars.
76CE76A0-E75F-4EDD-A242-90988F89549C_zpstiquzjzq.jpg

IMG_0442_zpsvcy99bph.jpg

IMG_0441_zpstntcxsa4.jpg

I think they're great, car feels more responsive in acceleration and braking and gives a better push out of corners and less 'bobbing' on uneven surfaces.

There is slightly more vibration @ 2900/3100 rpm but nothing I would worry about and it's doesn't impact on any comfort.

They do give more noise into the cabin and on the .2 I think this is a good thing again nothing of an issue and having done a recent 3 hour motorway journey it didn't fatigue or irritate. - Don't think the wife even noticed
:worship: :grin:

Overall I'm very happy with them, gives more to the driving experience and enjoyment of the car. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back