Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Number Plate Lights

C4-STORM

Hockenheim
Evening all.

Mine need replacing! It's the plastic casing which has decayed.

OE or aftermarket/LED :dont know:

I just went with these

I've an OCD pet hate of LED lights in older cars that didn't have them originally. It just looks wrong to my eyes.
I rarely find I'm out in my car at night though as it's a summer toy.

I must confess to having LED numberplate bulbs in my 20 year old Volvo estate. Simply because they were all I had lying in my old bulbs tin when I noticed I had a bulb out and that car comes under the "shed motoring" style of ownership. :wink:

Edited to add -
I see you mean the whole units. Same rules apply for me. :thumb:

Hi Marky.
Yep agree with you mate.
I need the complete assembly so I guess OE unless there is a suitable alternative.
No biggy really.. :thumbs:

Be careful with what bulbs you fit as I've seen a couple of 911's with burnt back ends when the wrong lamps had been fitted.

I had the same problem with mine the plastic casing and terminals had rotted so just replaced with OEM. Can't remember the cost but not too expensive.

Mine went manky, and fell apart, so I replaced the whole units, really easy to do. Only my opinion, led number plate lights on cars not designed for them, look really crap, from a distance looks like you have your reversing lights on. Very very naff and far too bright,and dare I say it, a bit chavvy. :nooo:

OE. They are not expensive.

LED bulbs or not depends on what tail lights you have. Do them the same.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back