Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 widths

TrevS

Hi all

Could someone tell me what body type each 997 GT3 has. I know the 997.1 GT3 uses the narrow body and the RS uses the wide body but what about the 997.2, is it the same?

Sorry for the basic question but I just couldn't find the info.

Thanks

Trev

997.2 GT3 used the NB also

The RS had the WB ...

The funny thing about the GT3 is that they are built using the C4 floorpan and then they add the narrow rear wings for the non-RS model.

Don't quote me, but I read somewhere that the 997.1 GT3 uses the C4 chassis, but the 997.2 GT3 doesn't. This is why the 997.1 GT3 can be modded to fit rear seats but the 997.2 can't :?:

... Where's Disco Colin when you need him :)

Roro said:
Don't quote me, but I read somewhere that the 997.1 GT3 uses the C4 chassis, but the 997.2 GT3 doesn't. This is why the 997.1 GT3 can be modded to fit rear seats but the 997.2 can't :?:

... Where's Disco Colin when you need him :)

Yep - that is also my understanding. :thumb: IIRC the 997.2 (both narrow and wide) are slightly different in that they only have a single skin floor in the back and consequently cannot be retrofitted with rear seats (even the comforts without the cage). Front of the shell still the C4 structure for rigidity I believe though, as with all of the earlier GT3s.

I don't think the 997.2 GT3 will take a roof rack either as it lacks the RTS attachment points.

Magic919 said:
I don't think the 997.2 GT3 will take a roof rack either as it lacks the RTS attachment points.

I can confirm that is correct; anybody in the market for some OEM bars and bike rack? Previously used occasionally on a Carrera S and now gathering dust :sad: :hijack:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back