Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Boxster.

Les

My wife had a Boxster (986) a couple of years ago and sold it claiming it was too small. She then brought a Range Rover sport which lasted 2 months (apparently too big) and then settled on an Audi A3 Cabriolet.

Last week OPC Portsmouth lent me a cayman whilst my 997.2 was having its SatNav upgraded and she loved it - but wished the roof came off.

Not having £60K in spare change at the time. I told her she would have to go for an older one. 2 days later, she had sold her Audi to her sister and last night we picked up this 987.

Boxster.jpg

My Daughter has already called dibs on it (my wife is going in the 911 and my daughter and her boyfriend in the 987) for our annual road trip holiday (this year to watch the F1 in Monza).

She already said she wants red callipers & Cruise control added.
The more she wants to spend on hers the more I can spend on mine. :thumb:

2_dive.jpg

very nice. They are great cars. Had my third Boxster 3 years now.

Nice choice by Mrs Les, Les.
I wish my wife was a bit more into cars, she cannot understand why I would want another one when we have a 997 C4S (which she doesn't drive) and a BMW 3 series with X-Drive (which she doesn't drive when it's snowing or icy)... :dont know: I want to buy a second Porsche but she doesn't see the logic. Any psychologists in the house to explain that one?

I got a 718 Boxter S loan car the other week whilst mine was being serviced.
It was a nice day so I brimmed the tank and took my son for a hoon through the Lincolnshire Wolds. I really enjoyed it! It handled really well and had more poke than I expected. It felt as quick through the twisties as my 911. A really great, fun car :thumbs:

Well, I've just bought:

4 x Discs and pads,
Oil filter & 10lt of 05-40,
Red calliper paint + sticker set,
5lt Brake fluid
Aircon condenser.
Parking sensors.
Coloured Crest wheel centres
New number plates
.....and some ceramic paint protection.

That's me busy this Sunday.

New Threads