Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension & Body Kit for 996

ChrisTraies

Hi all

A while since I've posted.

The 996 C2 3.6L (Gen 2) Cabrio is going great with 87k on the clock.

Back on the road after six months SORNd due to winter weather.

She's had some new discs and pads and is sitting on 9month old Mich Cup sport 2's.

Brand new DesignTek 200 CELL SS exhaust fitted (Cat back) a week ago. If any of you have ever considered Design Tek for your exhaust I would massively support it. It is beyond words amazing and a snippet of the price of DANSK et al.

Anyways, I'm here to ask your advice collectively on Suspension and Body Kit.

I've seen these H&R coilovers and they seem like a great deal:

http://www.venommotorsport.com/product/suspension/SU21693/

I know H&R springs are widely used by other coil over suppliers and manufacturers and these seem to be half the price of Bilstein alternatives.

Any thoughts?

I've also been weighing up a Turbo / C4S look bumper and side skirts to give her a better look and help with some front end downforce.

Then, suddenly, I saw this on Madmotors.co.uk:

I love the look of this for the Cabrio:

https://www.madmotors.co.uk/body-ki...96-02-06-facelift-fiberflex-front-bumper.html

Also has a rear splitter too.

Anyone got any experience with CSR BODYKITs or mods too?

Be keen to hear back.

Thanks all.

Those suspension units seem quite expensive, considering no damping adjustment.

You'd be better off with M030 kit, I reckon.

I think those H&R look ok for £1200.

The M030 are 20 years old in design and my mate had a damper fail after 28k.
Yes no damping adjustment but H&R usually get it right for road use. Height adjustment though which the M030 doesn't offer.

If I were you though I'd keep an eye out for good used coilovers. Bilsteins in particular as the refurb costs are very reasonable by the UK branch unlike KW who have your dampers for weeks before they even enter the workshop, then charge you through the roof. :wink:

I love the CSR stuff. Not sure how it would look on a Cabriolet but I'm not poo-pooing it.

I'd avoid the Turbo/C4S bumper on a narrow bodied car. Just looks a bit weird.
As for skirts you may prefer Mk2 GT3 items as your car is a Mk2.

I have a set of replica Mk1 (that's one) skirts if you go down that route. They'll need a respray unless your car is black (although) I would respray anyway.
Replicas but the good ones that are £400 per pair. I'm looking for £150. I think I have the invoice for £400 somewhere. Proper profile and excellent fit, using the genuine Porsche fixing points and fitting kit.

:thumb:

Might help to visualise the Turbo front end and side skirts on a narrow body if you have a look at the 40th AE where they were part of the package. Obviously I think it works well!. The 40th also had MO30 as standard - found it helps keep things flatter through the bends compared to a similar C2 without but is still pretty compliant on rough roads etc. However, am sure you could achieve the same or better with other options.

Cheers.....Ian

Attachments

• 013_603.jpg
    013_603.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,073

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jri