Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport Classic Wheels

FZP said:
roocat said:
just got this back from Porsche Silverstone, is he wrong do you think?

"In regards to the Sport Classic Alloy and Tyres, unfortunately the specification of your current wheels do not match with the Sport Classics, meaning they would not fit your 997.2. I have searched for a narrow body version, as you mentioned, however they are not available."
I believe that to be correct. No narrow body fitment the SC wheels
Looks like I stand corrected. I was under the impression that the wheels from Porsche were only WB and NB fitment from Fuchs.
:coat:

roocat said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Having annaly researched these they are manufactured in theory for NB 911,s
And available from suncoast
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU19SCWHEEL.html
thanks spongebob, do you have them?

Nope, searched for a while, (mines C4S) pretty sure only WB fitment available in U.K hence your message from OPC. But they are just so rare second hand, resigned I think to buying new now.

There is plenty of mention of NB fitment on the US forums though. Also if You look at Discos post above there is a UK link :thumbs:

roocat said:

Nope, searched for a while, (mines C4S) pretty sure only WB fitment available in U.K hence your message from OPC. But they are just so rare second hand, resigned I think to buying new now.

There is plenty of mention of NB fitment on the US forums though. Also if You look at Discos post above there is a UK link :thumbs:

thanks for the info. I asked them to search for the part number supplied by disco above (99736216357) and got this back today;

"The part number you have kindly supplied me with was the exact part I was looking at yesterday.

I have copied below the wheel specifications for both your factory fitted alloys and the Sport Classics:

Factory Fitted:

Fronts: 8J X 19 - ET 57
Rears : 11J X 19 - ET 67

Sport Classics:

Fronts: 8.5J X 19 - ET 55
Rears: 11.5J X 19 - ET 50

As the above alloy specifications differ, I would not be able to say as to whether the Sport Classics would correctly fit your 997.2, as they are not specified for use on this specific model."

So i'm wondering if the link in Disco's post has incorrect info, will drop them an email to check. I have reservations about ordering from sun coast not only because the shipping cost is bound to be quite a bit, but it would be a PITA if any of the wheels had any issues once delivered, scratches etc...

I think all OPC's are one dimensional, like when I foolishly asked for a price to fit a 991 Sport Design wheel to a 997.2. They just said it's the wrong part and will not fit, we will contact you ASAP with a solution. Never heard a thing and I fitted the wheel myself which was a direct swap.

The wheels from Suncoast come from Germany. Which is probably the best place to source them? I suspect if you order from either of the sources mentioned they will not actually be available?

James

As I understand it, the wheels fitted to the 997 Sport Classic were manufactured by an Italian company

Ratattak said:
As I understand it, the wheels fitted to the 997 Sport Classic were manufactured by an Italian company

Yep but that will be 250 sets fitted to the Sport Classics? ? All the rest are copies manufactured by Porsche i.e. Tequipment?

roocat said:
roocat said:

thanks for the info. I asked them to search for the part number supplied by disco above (99736216357) and got this back today;

"The part number you have kindly supplied me with was the exact part I was looking at yesterday.

I have copied below the wheel specifications for both your factory fitted alloys and the Sport Classics:

Factory Fitted:

Fronts: 8J X 19 - ET 57
Rears : 11J X 19 - ET 67

Sport Classics:

Fronts: 8.5J X 19 - ET 55
Rears: 11.5J X 19 - ET 50

As the above alloy specifications differ, I would not be able to say as to whether the Sport Classics would correctly fit your 997.2, as they are not specified for use on this specific model."

So i'm wondering if the link in Disco's post has incorrect info, will drop them an email to check. I have reservations about ordering from sun coast not only because the shipping cost is bound to be quite a bit, but it would be a PITA if any of the wheels had any issues once delivered, scratches etc...

dont forget when importing from the US 20% import duty as well that will add another $800ish to the price as well as the shipping cost. :thumb:

I fitted a set of sport classics / Fuchs to a 997 C2S a couple of years ago
And they were definitely narrow bodyfitment
They came straight from Porsche, with Tyres and Centre caps, even got a nice discount as they'd been in stock at the dealership for a while

Love my recent addition of Sport Classic wheels..

Attachments

• 28947588_1800755276630196_8188000824623745377_o_1_457.jpg
    28947588_1800755276630196_8188000824623745377_o_1_457.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 2,044
  • 28954159_1800755256630198_5785188324546099320_o_182.jpg
    28954159_1800755256630198_5785188324546099320_o_182.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 2,044

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member