Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is your most annoying car advert

GARY S

Monza
Surely I cannot be the only person in the UK who dislikes the advert for the Jaguar E Pace. Every time that annoying woman comes on I have to turn the channel over for a minute. Anyone agree?

Any that shows a top spec model that would actually cost nearly twice as much as the 'from' price they lead with.

eg.

The blardyblardyblah from £16,995

Model shown = £29,995

A Porsche 911 turbo S from £199 per month (and in small print advance payment of £145,000). :?

OK I made this example up, but all the similar PCP deals advertised on TV with small monthly numbers and massive up front costs (in very small print)

More pertinently : can anyone name a current or recent car advert that ISN'T annoying... :?:

:dont know:

I know this a thread about dislikes, but I felt compelled to post the my favourite car advert.
https://youtu.be/-O6QE20TXCI

Great tune amongst other things. :bandit:

If we're talking 'best' car commercial, surely it has to be the EPIC BMW Z4 one, directed by the late (great) Tony Scott, staring James Brown, Gary Oldman, Clive Owens & Marilyn Manson :dont know:

Sit back and enjoy! :thumb:

I can honestly say I've never seen that ad before.

Great to watch once but I think I'd get tired of it if it was on all the time.

Would love to see more like it though, with decent stories behind them and good actors, rather than the dog turd ads around at the moment :thumb:

The one where the middle-aged man is fed up, lays on the bed, his family are busy in the house doing other things, then he looks outside and sees his...

...Vauxhall, which he jumps in and goes whizzing off and everything is suddenly alright.

A reasonable ad if it were a Porsche he jumped into. Especially a Cayman.

I'll never forget the photos on Pistonheads a few years ago of a black 997 C4S cab in Bradford for sale.
the car was CAT D for £39,995

photos taken in the street in front of a terraced house with boarded up windows,
he then took some more in the B & Q car park in front of the store entrance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back