Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996 C2

OK so weather is looking nicer and days are a little longer now so have taxed the 996 looking forward to getting it out for some drives and got loads of shows this season to attend to with the 996 i cannot wait! :D

I also have plans to get it serviced within the next month or so and new bits fitted, currently compiling parts so when its in for the service it will have everything fitted, was last serviced at PARR last year along with many other things done (only traveled 1500 miles since :eek: the oil is as new as it was when it went in! and hasn't used a drop but its having Mobil 1 0w-40 x8 litres of new stuff regardless of this and new filter + inspection,

IMG_2556_1.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

New rear brake discs and Brembo pads, ATE TYP 200 brake fluid change, Goodrich Braided lines front and rear, and while it is on the ramp i'm having all the calipers taken off so i can have them all freshly powder coated and new PORSCHE stickers fitted this is the quest for making it looking a fresh as possible,

Not sure what colour to go for its only between 3 colours not looking at reds/yellow or blue, i want to either go gloss black as it is now but without the peeling! or i thought a nice high gloss colour like a shadow silver black colour or a light bronzed colour with red Porsche lettering ordered already.

Or anthracite?

caliper.jpg

I wanted to update this thread so will keep it posted with pics of progress on it and other things planned, loving everyone's threads and feeds my appetite with mine, love it more and more! can't wait to go driving now.

Cheers

Some nice work going on there. :thumb:

Brakes are very next on my list. Same as you, discs, pads, lines and caliper repaint. I'm just going boring red from standard black as I'm just going for the GT3 look. If you want to be different then I like the sound of both the bronze and anthracite with red lettering. Should look nice against a silver car.

I look forward to seeing it. 8)

It's frustrating binning perfect oil every year regardless of mileage isn't it!
Has to be done though eh.

Thanks Marky911, Yes it's got to be done as you say and didn't get a bad deal from OPIE oil, check the website for a deal on that oil 5ltr plus 3x1ltr then add the 911uk discount on top of the deal they are doing, i got a great deal approx 45% of brakes on euro car parts along with the filter etc so been shopping around :thumbs:

Red calipers look great you can't go wrong, i like red just thought i might try a different colour but have red letters to get some red on them too, will look out for your update thread too,

I was soo very close ordering a new 200cell xpipe on the topgear group buy just typical a few more important non car related things came up right as i was ordering!!

I shall update with pictures

Few pics from Brands Hatch last year forgot to add them to the thread, i was going through some pictures on my laptop,

Parked in some great company :)

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

JM30 said:
Few pics from Brands Hatch last year forgot to add them to the thread, i was going through some pictures on my laptop,

Parked in some great company :)

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

You have a lovely looking car there.:thumb:

That Zanzibar Red GT3 is :cloud9: The reason I bought my Zanzibar Red C4 was because I saw one of these at a Goodwood breakfast meeting back in 2007 (and I can't afford a GT3...) and of course the GT3 and C4 have the same chassis.

Thanks mate :thumb:

I think that is the first Zanzibar i have seen in the flesh, sure is a striking colour nice and bright.

I cannot believe i'm writing this but i might be looking to sell soon :what:

I'm not 100% on this, i wanted to keep this as a long term i LOVE this car i have never had a car for more than 2 years if i'm totally honest i don't know if i can bring myself to sell it yet!!, i'v just had a little boy (6 months old now) and found myself not able to use it on days off likr i used to do, of course my days off are with the misses and the boy and my 8yr daughter.. not so much of a problem but he has a pushchair and car seat and with the GT3 seats its impossible, my daughter used to get in the back with the seats forward enough and then slide back so worked a treat. i have spent over £4k in maintaining and improving it over the 2 years its had loads of work done on top of the original upgrades but everything has only covered 4-5k miles so all fresh and that was my main reason for doing all this,

I suppose my reason for this post is to see if i have anyone interested but also to air my thoughts on maybe selling it and how crazy i feel about doing so! genuinely attached to it but not so happy seeing it not get used as it should either,

:dont know:

Wait another 6-48 months :grin:

He will be going to car shows with you whilst the girl's are out 'shopping' :roll:

:thumb:

Do you have original seats? If not maybe pick up a set of them and install them in the meantime until such time that you could work with the kids.

I'll be honest Id have same seats in as yours if it were not for the kids but the standard seats are very handy for getting them in and out. Id say do that as it means keeping the car with a compromise.

Definitely keep it unless you really need to free up the money.
Like HSC says, soon enough you'll be taking your son to car shows and things.
He'll love it.
We all remember our parents cars from when we were kids and a 911 is as good as it gets. :thumb:

One more thing, even if you buy another in a few years time, you'll probably have to all that work again. Keep the one you've put all the effort into.

Thanks guys for the replies, all for keeping it and wouldn't have expected any less from you lot haha! I'm still fairly new here and feel my 996 ownership has much more to give, be it going to some more shows and meeting some more members, i have thought though if i do sell it i'd have a solid plan to return in a 911 within a year or so, not sure on what variant, i always said i'd keep this one for the boy when he is old enough lol that's if he can get hold of fuel to run it by then with all this electric crap happening :puh:

I do have the original sport back seats and it did cross my mind to change back and sell the buckets and see how it goes but i can still see me passing up and taking the easy option (misses supports my love for cars but is very touchy at the moment still!) so really going to have a good think on this over xmas,

Cheers again for the feedback guys :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back