Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car jack system setup?

rabbitstew said:
Itstony said:
96Kg 193x41x16cm

Cheers. Wifes just sent me a picture of a bloke unloading mine from a huge lorry parked on my drive, so looks like mine has arrived already. Pretty quick service.

Tried yours out yet?

Mine arrived Friday, still not set it up, need a good clean up. Also going to make some decent cables and connection for DC side, have spare 100mm/2 cable.
Can't be doing that cowboy rigging up.
Looks decent quality and very mobile. Will not need to leave it on the floor which is good.

Itstony said:
rabbitstew said:
Itstony said:
96Kg 193x41x16cm

Cheers. Wifes just sent me a picture of a bloke unloading mine from a huge lorry parked on my drive, so looks like mine has arrived already. Pretty quick service.

Tried yours out yet?

Mine arrived Friday, still not set it up, need a good clean up. Also going to make some decent cables and connection for DC side, have spare 100mm/2 cable.
Can't be doing that cowboy rigging up.
Looks decent quality and very mobile. Will not need to leave it on the floor which is good.

Nope, I have built it all up except for filling the air chambers to 50psi, but not had chance to try it. As you say, looks decent quality, nice heavy duty. Pretty easy to move about too and can hide it under the project car in the garage so its out of the way.

Agree with the power connections. I was expecting some sort of cable to be in the box to connect to the connection points. I will have to make something up.

As a side note, I was going to order the dextron iii gearbox oil from GSF, £37 on their website. ECP was about same price. Anyhow, actually spotted a GSF branch when I was out & about so popped in and bought it over the counter. Same stuff as they advertise online for £37 is actually only £25 in store!!! The guy working there couldnt believe how much they mark it up for their online shop. Makes me wonder how much money I could have saved by going in store for other things...

Thefinn said:
I have this one from SGS engineering its a quality bit of kit for the money and i had no issues getting it under my lowered car as its only 75mm closed height

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gara...jacks/tj2-5lp-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack

they also do a package with stands as well but i can't comment on these as i don't have them, but i am sure they will be good quality as the other products i have purchased from them have been.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gara...r-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack-axle-stands

Can you still use jack pad with this jack ?

http://www.design911.co.uk//fu/prod...&utm_source=adrac&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=

SGH said:
Thefinn said:
I have this one from SGS engineering its a quality bit of kit for the money and i had no issues getting it under my lowered car as its only 75mm closed height

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gara...jacks/tj2-5lp-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack

they also do a package with stands as well but i can't comment on these as i don't have them, but i am sure they will be good quality as the other products i have purchased from them have been.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gara...r-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack-axle-stands

Can you still use jack pad with this jack ?

http://www.design911.co.uk//fu/prod...&utm_source=adrac&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=

Yes you could but the kit comes with 8 rubber blocks that you use on the jack points which make the pucs irrelevant imo

What's included with the BL-5000SLX Portable Car Lift System?
(2) ea. jack frame assemblies
(2) ea. 150" hydraulic hoses
(2) ea. 14" aux. hoses
(2) ea. frame handles
(4) ea. 1.5" x 3" x 4" rubber lifting blocks
(4) ea. 3" x 3" x 4" rubber lifting blocks
(1) 12-Volt DC hydraulic power unit with pendant control

My 500SLX arrived early last week, only to find one of the boxes had water damage, however they sent me a new pair the next few days and picked the original set a few days later. As people have previously mentioned these are very heavy not particularly portable :) On the installation I found on one unit the 90deg connector into the hydraulic cylinder would not screw in as it was hitting the frame, so I had to remove the hydraulic cylinders pin and then screw it in. I have also found with the 2nd platforms both have faulty air valves so they are sending me replacements valves next week (will not keep 50 psi pressure), and finally the manual had errors in the diagrams regarding power connection. - & + contact in the manual were incorrectly labelled so the the platforms would not go up. When I phoned Quickjacks and informed them the the motor is running but no pressure they mentioned that some manuals were incorrectly printed :x When the terminals were correct the Quickjacks did eventually start to go up however would not go down on there own (I assuming that the are air pressure was not enough to bring the platforms back down so the needed some assistance. (Hoping once I have the air valves replaced this will be resolved) So not a great start, however there customer support is good so far!

As to the AFT oil I bought 3 litres of Castrol Transmax Dex III from www.opieoils.co.uk currently running a discount offer all in for £29.64 inc. P&P

Today been fitting brackets to store the platforms vertically against the wall and put the pump unit and an old car battery on a trolley so can wheel this into position.

39243787214_770c38eb54_b.jpg

I ordered my power leads from http://www.simplysplitcharge.co.uk/store/ ( 500mm Battery Leads made to measure 70amp Black 10mm2 Cable) and the quick release battery terminals https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202082715880

alpinaB3 said:
I have also found with the 2nd platforms both have faulty air valves so they are sending me replacements valves next week (will not keep 50 psi pressure),

Thats interesting. I did try pumping the air cylinder up briefly last weekend but the air just came straight back out again. I wondered if the valve wouldnt reseal properly until you got a decent pressure in there. From what you say though, maybe mine are faulty. I will try again at the weekend and see.

Like that storing rack, its identical to what I had in mind.
You did not really need to spend as much on DEX3, this is a US company and that must be taken into account. Any general Hyd or ATF oil will do for this tool.
I bought 32 grade, low vis. 5Ltr €13...get in there!
Pumping that cushion air in is fiddly until you get the nack of getting the iar nozzle of a bit rapid. Such a small volume you can't be slow.
On start up, it needs time to get the air out. I inclined mine to allow the bleed screw to be higher than the Hyd-cyl as I was not going to mess about bleeding oil out over the floor.

Like that grey rubber matting, looks good. Wouldn't mind having some of that :thumb:

Itstony said:
Like that grey rubber matting, looks good. Wouldn't mind having some of that :thumb:

Thanks for the comments I bought the tiles from www.r-tekmanufacturingltd.com I have had them for a few years now, no need for adhesives they just lock together. These are commercial grade 7mm think tiles.

Back to the Quickjacks they have a good YouTube channel for most common tips etc. I did the same lifted one end up to bleed the air out. One issue I have and this is they will not go down on their own. I have to stand on them or put some weight on them and press the down button. In the various videos I have seen they appear to go down on there own without assistance. Not a big issue as normally the car would be on the Quickjacks.

Initially it was an option to bleed the hoses, but decided to just function a few times and then raise to remove the trapped air in the cylinders just looking at the design it was logical. They do need standing on to lower, but when I raised the jam-jar they lower and drop perfectly.
Personally I would term these portable and not so difficult to manhandle and lift as long as good lifting habits and sensible safety concerns.
Those rubber blacks are amazing density, I expected marks, but zero. I am thinking about making a small button type guide to lightly adhere to the top of the block only enough to help guide straight to the correct position, as I was taking a lot of time being sure they were on the jacking point, which is small on a 911.
Going to fabricate a hanging rack today, pisin down so another day in the man cave with Mendlessohn, well, Luther VD mostly :floor:

That is seriously impressive, I`d love one of these, but my whole driveway is on an angle and I really don`t fancy packing one end of it up with wooden blocks or suchlike :sad:

alpina, glad you are enjoying the jack. I bought 4 slotted rubber blocks for the TT also, cheap as chips.

Have to comment on the brakes disks, OMG :hand:

Good tip, after washing blow those wheels, discs etc with compressed air and then drive around the block and keep applying those brakes.
This will make sure there is no water and you will not get that rust to deal with.

Hope that helps
:thumb: :nooo:

Itstony said:
Have to comment on the brakes disks, OMG :hand:

Good tip, after washing blow those wheels, discs etc with compressed air and then drive around the block and keep applying those brakes.
This will make sure there is no water and you will not get that rust to deal with.

Hope that helps
:thumb: :nooo:

Thanks for the tip,
Yes its embarrassing the discs go rusty within 20 mins of washing the alloys. :oops: I do have a air blower/dryer. Perhaps I need to blow dry each wheel after washing instead of doing this once all the alloys have been washed. Maybe this is what I need https://www.directsupplyukltd.co.uk/brake-disc-protect/p368 What is annoying after washing your alloys and then go out on a drive and then you finds out the alloys are covered in rust dust. :evil:

I hate driving my car in the UK, the weather and traffic grime is horrendous.
If your car is garaged and you have a compressor, you can reduce that rusting so much by blowing them dry after washing the car and do as described above.
Mine are gloss black, so there is no choice if I want to prevent that rust doing its thing.:frustrated:

I'm not OCD, but care care has made me learn the traits and it pays off. For what the car costs it deserves the time, money and TLC.
Well, that's my excuse to the Mrs. :floor:

Your jamjar looks nice in blue :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back