Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

To C2 or not to C2?

in black, personally I prefer it painted and shiny but each to there own

Attachments

• pro_speedster_hump_114356210654_922.jpg
    pro_speedster_hump_114356210654_922.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 3,445
  • pro_pic_214395793836_544.jpg
    pro_pic_214395793836_544.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 3,445
Thefinn said:
Cheers for the suggestion Phil but I have never been a fan of the speedster it just doesnt do it for me, if i had a coupe i would go down the sports classic look with a grey wrap and maybe some side decals. I do still have all the mods planned for the 997 to fall back on when the warranty is up but the plan for this one was to leave the body stock other than lowering it just because it's such a nice car so I don't want to mess with it too much even if I can put it back. That's why I have been thinking of getting another car that's a bit older and not such a shame if mess with it.

if you like the silver one then maybe you need a modern take on retro, see the silver ones been dropped and has 20"or 21" alloys in a modern finish giving it a low wide aggressive stance I also like it :thumb:

Cheers for the comments lads I think my feet might be back on the ground now, I might save the serious moding of a second car for when little Finn can help me on the tools and the house is finished. It's good to get a second opinion sometimes when you get carried away.

Phil those are the sports design 19 inch wheels with a gen 1 turbo bumper on the back, i nearly got round to fitting that bumper on my old 4s before I tickled the central reservation in it, the bumper is still in my garage.

Thefinn said:
Cheers for the comments lads I think my feet might be back on the ground now, I might save the serious moding of a second car for when little Finn can help me on the tools and the house is finished. It's good to get a second opinion sometimes when you get carried away.

Phil those are the sports design 19 inch wheels with a gen 1 turbo bumper on the back, i nearly got round to fitting that bumper on my old 4s before I tickled the central reservation in it, the bumper is still in my garage.

the alloys are 19s the car must be heavily lowered , and the bumper is a very easy mod mate and the speedster hump is less than $2000 its a nice look very aggressive and not a lot of money ,
its quite limited what you can do to give a cab an aggressive stance and that silver one pulls it off well :thumb: I also think the slightly harder lines of the gen1 help make the silver one look better than the blue pics :thumb:

Congrats to Mr & Mrs Finn on the new arrival baby Finn G G. No time for playing mate when there are nappies and bockles to sort. Put your 996 faddish desires on hold and enjoy what you have.
:thumb:

It sounds like you're already well on the way to being talked out of it for now but my 2p worth would have been:

1. Spend as much of your spare time as you can bare with BabyFinn.
2. Do as much DIY as you can in bite-sized chunks without getting too fed up with it.
3. Use any time left over to enjoy driving your 997.

If you get the balance of those 3 right you, the missus and the baby will be very happy people.

With luck it won't be long before the DIY is finished allowing you to do more driving and/or start on another 2 wheeled project.

:thumb:

Thanks all after your posts and after sleeping on it I think your right I will pass on the c2 and just stick with the planned mods on the 997 for now, in a few years I might have more time to do something stupid like a turbo cayman so can waste my cash then.

If anyone is on the lookout for a c2 there is one that's worth a look on eBay for 12.5k mo30 lsd with new clutch, rms, ims and full service history

Think thats a sound decision.

Enjoy your new arrival!

Interesting thread. I was going to take my sensible trousers off and throw them away, but then I remembered that babies are a nightmare, and you have to live with a little devil (baby) and a zombie (mother). You wouldn't be able to do anything to your new project.

That being said, houses and cars are rarely 'finished' (I still remember adding a bit of skirting to a house the night before the agent had arranged the first viewing...), so don't stress about it, just enjoy the new family. And try and get some sleep.

Eventually, things will work out, you can unload the estate/SUV and you'll have a couple of project cars, a house, a boat or country cottage or motorcycle or carbon framed bicycle or some other bad habit etc., and all sorts of things to amuse yourself. :grin:

Good to hear you had a good nights sleep to mull it over , you wont be getting many more for a while mate :grin: when the green poo producer arrives :floor: enjoy the 997 and I will be looking out for a which baby seat thread from you soon and I will see if I can find you a carbon fibre baby seat with leather and alcantara :grin: :thumb:

I will be looking out for a which baby seat thread from you soon and I will see if I can find you a carbon fibre baby seat with leather and alcantara :grin: :thumb:[/quote]

Where can I get one!!!!!!!! :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back