Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC warranty

Rhodris-dad

I am going to expel some hot air.

111 point check for renewal of warranty.

They noticed I had put Bosch wipers on, so told me it would fail unless I had OEMs fitted. ( I replaced them a few months back and couldn't be bothered to drive all the way to Chester for fecking wipers)

Bosch are good enough for coil packs, throttle bodies etc. but not for wipers!!! :wall:

I'm not whinging about the £38 but FFS

Agreed, particularly when over on another thread, 911_AS's approved 991 was sold to him without the correct service being done, and on another thread, an OPC approved car sold with cracking tyre tread.

I would be surprised if the OE wipers weren't bosch anyway, just with a porsche part no and of course 50% added to the price :lol:

I got a pair of Bosch wipers delivered recently. £11 with ECP discount. Even better, ECP delivered them just 2 hours after I'd ordered them.
OPCs will pay peanuts for wipers.
Rediculous, petty attitude from the OPC.

Robertb said:
Agreed, particularly when over on another thread, 911_AS's approved 991 was sold to him without the correct service being done, and on another thread, an OPC approved car sold with cracking tyre tread.

I would be surprised if the OE wipers weren't bosch anyway, just with a porsche part no and of course 50% added to the price :lol:

Yep. Robertb isn't lying. The Service was not quite the one that was needed. However, with the warranty the dealer has fixed a few other niggles with the car, so if anything does go pop in the next two years, it will be more than worth it.

Totally agree re: Blades, that is a clear absence of common sense!

I posted about the cracked tyres on my new used warrented 997. But mine also had a major service issue; at first glance the service record indicated that a major service had been done but it turned out, only after I asked for more info because the brake fluid change had not been recorded, that only the spark plugs had been changed and the car still needed a major service. Now the OPC got the service sorted (I won't mention them asking me to pay Half!) but this just should just not have been possible if all the claimed checks had been done. It is really only by chance that I'm not driving an expensive OPC warranted car that it would be another 2 years before
I discovered it to be unserviced with likely value loss.
Buyer beware, even OPC warrented cars!

Its a blanket rule when doing the 111 point check im afraid .. no NON Porsche parts allowed .

The rule stops any grey areas or OPC,s thinking thats ok its only window tint and passing it .

I had a car come in for wind noise under warrenty .. Yup .. he had tinted his windows , yup that was what was causing the noise .. well how they had refitted the window was .. yup he wanted Porsche to pay for it ..

Nope he didnt get it .

If that had been sold that way then the OPC would be paying for it not Porsche .

Thats an example of the reasons for the rule anyways.

If i inspect a car and miss that its been chipped then if the engine lets go , Porsche will check and find it and make the OPC pay for ANY warrenty claim for the rest of the time its covered includeing the engine claim.

I would also get sacked .. OPC techs will fail anything as its better to fail than pass and pay for it later .

Wipers / batterys , non N rated tyres and yes i think they should pass .. but a rule is a rule and the Mechanics have to enforce it .

Cant comment on OPC,s not doing bits .. thats a different question and i only have knowledge of x1 OPC .

Demort said:
Its a blanket rule when doing the 111 point check im afraid .. no NON Porsche parts allowed .....................

Thanks for the 'official' response Demort.

I'm curious though, how would a non-Porsche windscreen be regarded?

In the past I've never paid the extra to go OEM when my Insurance company will give me an Autoglass one for £75.

Rhodris-dad said:
I am going to expel some hot air.

111 point check for renewal of warranty.

They noticed I had put Bosch wipers on, so told me it would fail unless I had OEMs fitted. ( I replaced them a few months back and couldn't be bothered to drive all the way to Chester for ***** wipers)

Bosch are good enough for coil packs, throttle bodies etc. but not for wipers!!! :wall:

I'm not whinging about the £38 but FFS

Just to follow up on this detail.

Who makes the OEM Wipers for Porsche if it's not Bosch ?

I assume you had Bosch Aero Wipers and not the more traditional Bosch design ?

T8 said:
Demort said:
Its a blanket rule when doing the 111 point check im afraid .. no NON Porsche parts allowed .....................

In the past I've never paid the extra to go OEM when my Insurance company will give me an Autoglass one for £75.

The mechanics only fail what they can see is non Porsche , ive got to admit im not sure the differences myself .. perhaps a porsche logo somewhere :dont know:

same with brake pads / discs .. if they look like Porsche ones then they pass .. there is no strip down on the inspection .

Things like trackers will be not noticed .. unless there is obvious paper work in the glove box .

My assumption of the wiper blades is they didnt look like Porsche ones .. ie maybe the passenger one was straight or no deflector on the drivers side .

Demort said:
T8 said:
Demort said:

The mechanics only fail what they can see is non Porsche , ive got to admit im not sure the differences myself .. perhaps a porsche logo somewhere :dont know:

same with brake pads / discs .. if they look like Porsche ones then they pass .. there is no strip down on the inspection .

Things like trackers will be not noticed .. unless there is obvious paper work in the glove box .

My assumption of the wiper blades is they didnt look like Porsche ones .. ie maybe the passenger one was straight or no deflector on the drivers side .

They did have the deflector, but when I was buying them, I did not notice that it was on the top edge not the bottom. :?:

Moral victory.........they did not notice I had swapped the rear wiper too :floor:

My OPC tell of a car that comes in with Porsche wheels but they know that the owner only puts them on for the 111 point check, and then takes them off. I presume he puts another set on :D

My car passed a 111-point warrantee with Zunsport grilles over the condensors, though - I guess sometimes common sense does take over.

They are shockingly bad at responding to phone calls and emails though. Its one of the reasons I probably wont renew my warrantee this year.

Richard

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back