Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drain screenwash reservoir??? Smearing?????

stucart

Montreal
Had trouble with the windscreen smearing for ages, on Sunday cleaned screen with Autoglym Fast glass and wiped wiper rubbers, today it started raining and put wipers on No smear, then used screen washers and immediately it smears again. Its got Genuine Porsche washer stuff in from last service and as I know always has had, so I want to drain it and start afresh, any easy way, syphon it out or pull washer stalk and wait? Its full virtually (how much does it hold?)
Anyone else had problems with Genuine stuff, the green slimey stuff with the dispenser top on the bottle?????

Have you changed your blades in the last 6 months? Might be worth doing that. 're the bottle I must admit I've never filled it and I don't know where it is, but instead of pulling the stork, you might want to try flooding the bottle with your hose so that it over fills over the top until clear. Then a few seconds on the storm to clear what's in the pipes should see you with the system completely flushed.
I've done it before with the family car and worked a treat. :thumb:

I often report " wipers smear " on a service .. i replace the wipers and they are fine .... job done

Imho .. they should be part of a 2 years service .. some of the ones i have seen that people have been driving around and useing are bordering on criminal .

Anyways .. bottle is n/s/f so arch liner out ..

Remove the filler neck so inside the bonnet and unclip and pull out .

Remove bottle , fixings are obvious .

Theres no easy drain .. if you can get at the pump then lift it and let the water run out .. downside ..

You will leave all the rubbish in the bottom of the bottle as thats where it collects and pushing the pump back in might push the seal into the bottle .

Hence i would advise removeing the bottle and a good clean .

Thanks for reply's, wipers wiped fine till used washers so convinced it's not them, tried PIAA ones and they were as bad . So common factor is the fluid, I'll get it out and then try new blades.

Have you tried deep cleaning your screen with Bar Keepers Friend or using a clay bar on your screen? They will leave your screen contaminent free and a good base to work from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back