Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spray on wax?

Clanky said:
Also, if you want to avoid swirls & spider webbing, bin the cover & just put it in the garage. Dragging a cover over the car each time is dragging fine grit all over the car too.

I quite agree with that but i only ever put the cover on after it's been freshly washed. if the car then gets driven the cover stays off until its washed again :thumbs:

p.s will upload vid of water repelling shortly.

Clanky said:
Also, if you want to avoid swirls & spider webbing, bin the cover & just put it in the garage. Dragging a cover over the car each time is dragging fine grit all over the car too.

Tricky one that... fair point, but if I ever leave the cover off then I can guarantee our neighbour's cat will get in the garage and clamber all over it! :superstition:

Robertb said:
Clanky said:

Tricky one that... fair point, but if I ever leave the cover off then I can guarantee our neighbour's cat will get in the garage and clamber all over it! :superstition:

Good point. Im lucky it cant get in but dust and dirt does in the gaps around the garage door so that creates a little dirt.

kurlykris said:
he has put about 70 coats of wax on it, all different sorts and makes...................it must be about 1mm thick by now :floor:

:floor:

Clanky said:
A decent spray wax I sometimes use is Autoglym Aquawax. Spray it on when wet & use a microfibre to dry it.

+1 on both accounts above.

The Aquawax is really easy to use and provides great results. Its just not as durable as something like Collinite.

Another product to try is Zaino Z-5. Its easy to apply and wipe off and then something like there Z-8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back