Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in the fold

robbie1400

Hello all

Around 3 years ago I sold my 997.1 C2 cabriolet and bought an Aston Martin V8 Vantage roadster. It was a beautiful car and the interior was a lovely place to be. The sound of the V8 in tunnels was magnificent. But after the 911, it was just like driving a big clumsy lorry especially with the dreadful sportshift gearbox. It was sold wihin 18 months.

I have been lurking around on this forum since then and based on what I read I decided that the best replacement would be a gen 2 car with PDK. After more than a year without a sporstcar and a sometimes frustrating search I finally found this one:

It is a 997.2 C2S with PDK, sports chrono and the paddle shift steering wheel. I need to do something about the exhaust as it is very quiet (particularly after the Vantage) but other than that I am over the moon with it. It arrived only a couple of days before the beast from the east so it has only been out a couple of times. We are now looking forward to summer and maybe a couple of trips down through France.

In the meantime I will be following the posts on Gundo vs PSE vs others with interest.

Welcome back Rob, I found the same with my DB9 beautiful car but no where near the drivers car the 997 is.
With the gen2 the first thing on the exhaust to tackle would be the rear muffler bypass this will give it a sports car note, then if you want more its the side mufflers and /or 200cell cats. the cats and headers are a single unit on the gen2
The bypass is available from Topgear exhausts, Haywood and Scott, or Fabspeed in the states. :thumb:

Welcome back Rob, lovely choice! Did you buy private or trade, how did you find the experience? Did you have to move quick to secure?

:welcome: back Robbie.

silvermilnec said:
Welcome back Rob, lovely choice! Did you buy private or trade, how did you find the experience? Did you have to move quick to secure?

Thank you. I found the car at a dealer in Bletchley- ASM Performance. They don't have a brilliant reputation but the car was just about the exact spec and colour I was after. I asked them to take the car to the local OPC for a 111 check which they did. A couple of things were flagged up and they dealt with them without any arguments. Based on my experience I would recommend them.

I didn't have to move particularly quickly - I watched a couple of cars being reduced in price as the winter took hold. It is the same with all convertibles it seems - buy in winter, sell in spring.

robbie1400 said:
silvermilnec said:

Thank you. I found the car at a dealer in Bletchley- ASM Performance. They don't have a brilliant reputation but the car was just about the exact spec and colour I was after. I asked them to take the car to the local OPC for a 111 check which they did. A couple of things were flagged up and they dealt with them without any arguments. Based on my experience I would recommend them.

I didn't have to move particularly quickly - I watched a couple of cars being reduced in price as the winter took hold. It is the same with all convertibles it seems - buy in winter, sell in spring.
sounds like a good experience and the right way to do it with the 111 point check👍 Springs here I hope so enjoy :thumbs:

Phil 997 said:
Welcome back Rob, I found the same with my DB9 beautiful car but no where near the drivers car the 997 is.
With the gen2 the first thing on the exhaust to tackle would be the rear muffler bypass this will give it a sports car note, then if you want more its the side mufflers and /or 200cell cats. the cats and headers are a single unit on the gen2
The bypass is available from Topgear exhausts, Haywood and Scott, or Fabspeed in the states. :thumb:

... or Sharkwerks, if you want to import from the States.

The bypass is a no brainer however.

Welcome to the 911uk Club!

MaxA said:
Phil 997 said:

... or Sharkwerks, if you want to import from the States.

The bypass is a no brainer however.

Welcome to the 911uk Club!

There's also the Milltek bypass which is what i ended up buying, sounds great.

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/mill...3-6-3-8-c2-c2-s-gts-09-12-rear-silencers.html

Nice car and welcome back! My previous car was a Gen2 PDK and it was awesome.

I bought from ASM, interesting place. I didn't get the independent inspection having agreed a low price and due to my over excitement and lack of bad experiences. Had a few issues that we agreed terms on but have been told by Autofarm, OPC and a third party that it generally seems a good car. Sounds like yours is too which puts my mind a little more at rest.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back