Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VMAX200 today

IMI A said:
I ended up in a field on my first run. It was really the transition in the wet from tarmac to concrete on the run off which caught a few of us out. We were clearly warned by Craig and thank the Lord I was on a gentle sighter run. Still managed 60-186mph in 18 secs with these new do88 intercoolers. I think the catless 9e 28 will do that in 16secs!

Very light nicks and grazes to my car and on 9e geo all four wheels still perfectly straight - gives me an excuse to go for a full glass out respray now she's at 87,000 miles (was going to do this at 100,000 miles any way).

Kens pricing up a full GT2 aero conversion which I've always wanted post Isysman's . Not 100% on this but if I can persuade Teile to do me a deal might go mad like Isysman.

Car was rather quick but VBOX didn't work due to off road excurison. If anyone one wants to see top speed reached 200 meters before brake board I'm sure Ken will be happy to send you the cars log. Soon as she's ready will take her back and run standing mile in future rather than full 1.3 miles at this new venue otherwise I'll just keep on ending up in the field :grin:

I think she's a 200mph in standing mile car now - we shall soon find out..need aero to slow me down now!

Wow! That beats a 'sticky latch on my glove box' post!

Glad it wasn't too bad. Bet that got the heart rate up a bit?

IMI A said:
Car was rather quick but VBOX didn't work due to off road excurison. If anyone one wants to see top speed reached 200 meters before brake board I'm sure Ken will be happy to send you the cars log. Soon as she's ready will take her back and run standing mile in future rather than full 1.3 miles at this new venue otherwise I'll just keep on ending up in the field :grin:

I think she's a 200mph in standing mile car now - we shall soon find out..need aero to slow me down now!

You do know logs are from the speedo which is innacurate? Be better getting a GPS reading from Vbox.

Don't understand why your Vbox wouldn't have recorded the data even if you did come off the track.

IMI A said:
I ended up in a field on my first run. It was really the transition in the wet from tarmac to concrete on the run off which caught a few of us out. We were clearly warned by Craig and thank the Lord I was on a gentle sighter run. Still managed 60-186mph in 18 secs with these new do88 intercoolers. I think the catless 9e 28 will do that in 16secs!

Very light nicks and grazes to my car and on 9e geo all four wheels still perfectly straight - gives me an excuse to go for a full glass out respray now she's at 87,000 miles (was going to do this at 100,000 miles any way).

Kens pricing up a full GT2 aero conversion which I've always wanted post Isysman's . Not 100% on this but if I can persuade Teile to do me a deal might go mad like Isysman.

Did you come off 200m before the brake board!!?? Or are you saying you had to start braking before the boards?

CraigD said:
IMI A said:

You do know logs are from the speedo which is innacurate? Be better getting a GPS reading from Vbox.

Don't understand why your Vbox wouldn't have recorded the data even if you did come off the track.
Of course he (and 9e) know that. We were the ones when vmax started years ago that insisted only on vbox for the faster cars.

The cigarette lighter connection came out during the crash hence why the vbox then switched off.

He was at 215 dash ( max it will read) and still accelerating well before this happened.

Congrats on your speed.

Ken

Does anyone know of any other vmax style events this year? I'm concerned my car will not be ready to run :sad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back