Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BBS LM correct fitment and offset for widebody...

Jodes

As title, please could someone confirm the correct fitment and offset for a C2S... presumably all WB cars are the same!?

I think I should be ordering...
8.5x18 ET 56
10x18 ET 50

Many thanks in advance!

Jodes,

This is the correct size required. I have sent you a message in relation to mine. I need to sell these, they have been boxed up since they were refurbished. Don't ever see me using them again. Shocking to admit but I have a full set of speedlines, replica cups and two sets of fuchs. Its a disease!

Jodes said:
8.5x18 ET 56
10x18 ET 50

Fronts will be fine, however rears for a 993WB should be ET40 to achieve an OEM look and maybe a slightly lower figure to give a more stanced look.
The Rears you quote would require a 10mm spacer to look right as ET50's would sit 10mm further inside the arch. A good quality 10mm/15mm hubcentric spacer will give the desired look on an ET50 wheel. :thumb:

C.

Apologies, I had forgotten about the spacers. I used these with the Wheels and have these as well. :oops:

Thanks chaps.... my small little brain doesn't really understand offsets!

ET50 seems to be the only option available for the rear so presumably people are all using spacers!?!

Jodes said:
Thanks chaps.... my small little brain doesn't really understand offsets!

ET50 seems to be the only option available for the rear so presumably people are all using spacers!?!

One option is go for BBS e28's as these are generally available in a greater array of offsets.

Regarding LM's there are a couple of options:

Option 1 - Stick with the ET50 and add a 10mm/15mm hubcentric spacer. Remember that the C2S WB was supplied from the factory on 17" Cup 2's and a 31mm rear spacer. ;)

Option 2 - My personal favourite... Reverse mount the centres. This gives a greater dish and reduces the offset by 12-16mm, which is pretty much exactly where you need to be for the WB. Win Win...

C.

Thanks Cableguy.. Option 2 probably better aesthetically but is there any issue with reverse mounting? I know loads of guys across the pond do it so I suppose we'd hear of any associated problems!?!

Do you have reverse mounted LMs on yours??

Anytime Jodes.

Lots of wheel builders are now reverse mounting. Ensure the mounting surfaces are clean and the fixings torqued up in sequence then there shouldn't be any issues. I can recommend a good wheel builder if you don't fancy doing it yourself.

I don't have LM's on the 993 but did have a set on an e39 M5 a few years ago.
I run 3 Piece Speedline Daytona's which have a more aggressive offset over OEM. Reverse mounting the Daytona's would be a little too aggressive unfortunately!

C.

There are no adverse effects with reverse mounting the centers on LM's. You are probably aware of the LM's construction with the inner/outer barrel being a single piece, so its a very robust structure.

You will want to polish the lips as the standard LM finish looks a little odd when reverse mounting.

I would also highly recommend going with 8" fronts ET56 and 11" rears ET56 for an excellent fitment. As mentioned above, reversing results in a roughly 15mm reduction in ET.

Here's a thread I posted on Rennlist:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/629628-bbs-lm-reverse-mounting-the-centers.html

Apologies for the ignorance on offsets, always confuses me. Will the BBS Lm's fit a NB car?

The ET50 on the rears would this sit out too far?

Might stick my wheels back on after having looked at them again, they are nice. :D

15448785127_a8d27cb899_h.jpg

16021328475_8dcad446b3_h.jpg

tp81 said:
Will the BBS Lm's fit a NB car?

Not without rolling the arches and maybe adding a little camber.

An OEM 10jx18" Speedline RS is ET65. I run a slightly more aggressive Speedline Daytona with an ET59 and my arches required a 25% roll to ensure no contact on full compression.

C.

Thanks. Won't be rolling the arches on the RS. :eek:

tp81 said:

Pussy... :grin:

For reference the 993 RS Cup Cars ran 10jx18" Centre-Lock Speedline Mags and they were ET60 but obviously ran big camber.

C.

tp81 said:

Sell your LM's & have a set of E88's built in the proper specs - the E88's are the 'correct' BBS wheel for your RS, especially when you have your clubsport bits on it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back