Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear arb job

asterix_the_gaul

Barcelona
Hi all, found play in rear arb bushes and droplinks, have ordered the bushes off Porsche about £11 each Inc vat and the droplinks off eBay at £36 for a pair of febi\bilstein ones and plus 2L of ate typ200 brake fluid to change flush clutch and brakes. Any nuts and bolts Like the bush holding things or other bits I should order before starting this job?

I had to take my arb bushes off to measure the bar diameter for some new poly bushes.

One side the bolts definitely had seen better days. The threads were a bit knackered and it was difficult to unwind. So I replaced them with new s/s caphead bolts and nylocks.

Really simple job (if the bolts come out)

Thanks for the tips there, ordered the bolts and a can of plus gas, so hopefully will go smoothly.

Definately soak the bolts first, we had one of the clamp bolts shear when doing this on my friends car. Ended up making a drill guide on my mill to drill out the remains of the bolt and then helicoiled the hole so a new bolt could be fitted.
Hope it goes well for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back