Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

kas750 said:
This is the online tutorial for what is a very straightforward job.
With the JVC speakers I bent off the mounting tabs and sat it on 5 blobs of araldite in the original housing.

This has inspired me to replace all the speakers with the Alpine units in that video.:thumb: My car only has/had 4 single 4" speakers with no tweeters, so I thought I'd go for slightly better speakers (still only £77 for 4). I gutted the original speakers last night leaving just the frames and am awaiting for delivery of the Alpines. Looking forward to (slightly) better sound.

Fastlane said:
kas750 said:
This is the online tutorial for what is a very straightforward job.
With the JVC speakers I bent off the mounting tabs and sat it on 5 blobs of araldite in the original housing.

This has inspired me to replace all the speakers with the Alpine units in that video.:thumb: My car only has/had 4 single 4" speakers with no tweeters, so I thought I'd go for slightly better speakers (still only £77 for 4). I gutted the original speakers last night leaving just the frames and am awaiting for delivery of the Alpines. Looking forward to (slightly) better sound.
Nice one :thumbs:

In other not so good news this afternoon I collected Joe from school and picked up a rather large chip in the screen!

The problem being that I have already made a claim on my policy in this Insurance year for my 914 and on top of the that the company is the much maligned marker study.
I'm waiting for a call back now :eek:

Only just saw this thread. Very nicely done.

:thumb:

isysman said:
Only just saw this thread. Very nicely done.

Where have you been, on a boat :grin:

I had a chip in my screen fixed by Optic Clear in Tesco's car park this week. They charged £10 and the rest from my Insurance (apparently some insurers pick up all the cost but not mine). It is a franchise so the quality will depend on the franchisee, my chap was very interested in the car and did a great job but there is a slight mark in the depth of the screen, I'd left it too long and the dirt got in. Get it done quickly.

The good news is that marker study have approved a replacement screen subject to an £80 excess. :thumbs:

Oh and I have just had the renewal for my classic policy that covers the 914 and 996. £324

Excellent news, my excess is rather more than that so I had the chip repaired.

The new screen was fitted today.
I had a choice of top tint or not and I went for a non top tint screen as I think it really ages the car with the top tinted.

Does it have the FM antenna?

I keep meaning to cosh mine with some spark plug ceramic, it's proper mullered. Just can't be doing with the faff when something doesn't go right.

Looking good. :thumb:

I always fit a new screen to my 911s. I like a screen to be so perfect that it looks like there isn't a one there. :grin:

Will be getting mine done in the summer. Or I may wait until next year as I don't have OPC screen allowance with my current insurer. Not that I'm that bothered mind.

alex yates said:
I keep meaning to cosh mine with some spark plug ceramic, it's proper mullered. Just can't be doing with the faff when something doesn't go right.
I remember being told about that trick when we were kids and going to a local scrapyard to try it out.
Good fun until we got caught by the owner.
It was a amazing what little effort it took to break the glass.Just gently bowling a small piece of ceramic under arm had the glass shatter into a million pieces!
:wack:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back