Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

Pm sent too 👍🏻

Believe i'm finally caught up again!

Bar one or two deals still in the making I think we're done. In a week or so i'll post detailed stats on offer take up.

What would be fantastic for me, is if we could now have some pics of installs, video's of your new sound et cetera.

:useless: :drive: :goodjob: :Dance-Tap:

TopGear Exhausts said:
What would be fantastic for me, is if we could now have some pics of installs, video's of your new sound et cetera.

:useless: :drive: :goodjob: :Dance-Tap:
Placed my order yesterday and already had emails confirming despatch and delivery due for Monday - great service, thanks!

I hope to glue / nail / sellotape it in place in the next couple of weeks or so (joking aside, it actually looks pretty straightforward - famous last words. I'll try to do a before and after video for comparison. I'll also try to take some installation pics in between me skinning my knuckles and using the special words required to aid installation... :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
EGTE said:
Thanks for that, I really didn't want anything as loud as that.

I'll PM TopGear with my order for exhaust manifolds and valved cat-backs. :thumb:

you will love the valvetronic set up, I had headers 200cell cats and valved boxes it was controlable but on loud so much better that PSE and on quiet a nice sports car note :thumb:

Thanks, Phil.

Sadly I will have to wait on these; the group buy has cleared out Top Gear's stock. :D :thumb: :eek:

EGTE said:
Phil 997 said:
EGTE said:
Thanks for that, I really didn't want anything as loud as that.

I'll PM TopGear with my order for exhaust manifolds and valved cat-backs. :thumb:

you will love the valvetronic set up, I had headers 200cell cats and valved boxes it was controlable but on loud so much better that PSE and on quiet a nice sports car note :thumb:

Thanks, Phil.

Sadly I will have to wait on these; the group buy has cleared out Top Gear's stock. :D :thumb: :eek:

Ayup. The valved 996 boxes had become quite a slow mover over past 6 months, then this group buy obliterated the rather conservative stock I had :floor: :bow:

Reserving the discount for any parties that declare interest though and i'lll get production on them as soon as I can.

WEIGHT A MINUTE!!

Having just removed the old PSE I thought I would weigh and compare the old cats and boxes with the new 200cell cats and mild sports exhaust. The difference was a staggering 10.2kg. This was exactly like for like, the cat bung removed, and tips taken off the old boxes.

As a weight obsessive, this is just fantastic to me. Weight at the back of our cars is the enemy of handling balance, as well as overall performance. TG would do well to mention this weight difference on their website, to me it's a really important selling point. The exhaust they supplied is in no way flimsy, so there really isn't any reason to suspect a lighter exhaust is less durable. I wish i had bought the darn thing years ago!

Arghhh - can't wait to get my system purchased and fitted but have to wait to the Summer. I need a different job!! :roll: :D

Martin996RSR said:
WEIGHT A MINUTE!!

Having just removed the old PSE I thought I would weigh and compare the old cats and boxes with the new 200cell cats and mild sports exhaust. The difference was a staggering 10.2kg. This was exactly like for like, the cat bung removed, and tips taken off the old boxes.

As a weight obsessive, this is just fantastic to me. Weight at the back of our cars is the enemy of handling balance, as well as overall performance. TG would do well to mention this weight difference on their website, to me it's a really important selling point. The exhaust they supplied is in no way flimsy, so there really isn't any reason to suspect a lighter exhaust is less durable. I wish i had bought the darn thing years ago!

Nice pun :thumb:

But that is damned significant. Thinking about going the whole hog now and changing my cats as well......

Martin996RSR said:
WEIGHT A MINUTE!!

nice one martyn and that's great feedback as removing weight and quite a bit of it can really make the car go faster. just look at what ELA is doing.

Martin thats great feedback , I knew they were lighter but didnt know by how much thats just under 27lbs in old money , that really is significant .
faster, lighter ,better sounding whats not to like :thumb: :thumb:

Left that later than planned. 200cell cross over cats & mild sport boxes ordered.

Thanks again all that's involved. :thumb:

200 cell cats with 2.5" pipes.

Cannot wait and that's £116 "saved" *cough*.

With these it will mean that I now have a totally new set up -

Top Gear Manifolds (this job was expensive!)
Milltek Sports boxes.
Top Gear 63mm 200 CAT

Should make a nice sound!

Yep Nick, Richard certainly is an inspiration when it comes to saving weight. The TG exhaust also feels like good value in this context; the Kline iconel exhaust that Richard used saved 20KG (double the TG one) but I bet it cost four or five times as much.

Porsche nerd eye candy!

996 Turbo 200 cell cats, back boxes and 45mm headers fitted entirely with stainless fixings and plenty of coppaslip.

Just love the quality of the welding.

Er - I saved £200 and am much richer now!

Many thanks to Alex for his genuine customer service :thumb:

Attachments

• 996turbo1_854.png
    996turbo1_854.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,078

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back