Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS Damaged....what the consensus on this?

..."EASY REPAIR"

My question when I see adds like that......if it is that easy, why don't they fix it?

Dealer probably making more money selling at that price than when fixed.
So what did he get it for? That is where the bargain was.

I can remember, quite a few years ago, driving 4 1/2 hours to Toronto (with an incredibly bad hangover) to look at a 944 Turbo that didn't look too bad in the photos. When viewed, the car needed a lot more spending on it than anticipated but he would not budge on his price.

I think I saved myself a lot of grief by walking away from it. :floor:

If my memory is correct a front PU for a GTS is £2500 plus vat and second hand front bumpers are like hens teeth

I had a customer have a Citroen sax0 drive into the passenger door front wing of a 997 at roundabout off the kings road,and they wrote it off, kink to the the A post, if you saw the photos you'd think door and wing tops, £5000 max

I ve heard horror stories about boron steel in Panameras,

Insurance cos don't make mistakes when they write off £70,000 cars

In a few years time when a GTS is even more difficult to find, perhaps the conversation on here may turn to, hmm should of bought that grey damaged one. Looks incredibly cheap now.
Some of the above comments make me smile, but ultimately the car has sold. So someone seen an opportunity to own a GTS for sensible cost.
Not everyone is wealthy enough to walk into a Porsche dealership, & pay what in true terms is over the odds for a car.
Some people whilst appreciating the 997 for the great car it is, are on a budget & simply don`t have the money to throw around.

Did you buy it?

FZP said:
Did you buy it?
No i didnt buy it, i just thought i would drop my view of the car in to the conversation.
I guess if the person who did buy it was handy with his hands, he would end up with a very sensibly priced GTS.

Some of those special GTS bits front bumper etc wouldn't come cheap no matter how handy you were...

I would like to hear from the buyer as to what plans for it , eg if a technical guy and doing the work himself with the abilty to save thousands on labour then these types of car stack up better for them than for someone like me who would be paying for every hour of labour.
or has the buyer got plans to put a wide body kit on it in which case a lot of the bodywork damage didnt matter anyway.
Different people have different projects and clearly it worked for one buyer. hope they find this thread and contribute with plans and pics :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back