Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

c2 3.4 air intake hose - silicone hose and bung

Be careful when cutting the hose, it's easy to get carried away and cut away too much or at the wrong angle so make it a little too long to start with then refine it.

To cut the hose and get a neat edge fit a jubilee clip then cut along its edge with a sharp blade.

i bought a metal bung to go in and try that route first. see pic attached and its a deisgn tek part. good price on flea bay

if I take out the resonator phil as you advised above then will the bung still work? or will it fall through? would I need to get a wider bung to go in the hole as was told the bung connects into the helmholz resonator.

I know I can put this in the OEM hole and then re connect the OEM pipe with jubilee clip so it delete that resonating noise.

thanks

Attachments

• img_0496_674.jpg
    img_0496_674.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 6,709
i bought a metal bung to go in and try that route first. see pic attached and its a deisgn tek part. good price on flea bay

if I take out the resonator phil as you advised above then will the bung still work? or will it fall through? would I need to get a wider bung to go in the hole as was told the bung connects into the helmholz resonator.

I know I can put this in the OEM hole and then re connect the OEM pipe with jubilee clip so it delete that resonating noise.

thanks

Attachments

• img_0496_134.jpg
    img_0496_134.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 2,197
NLW73 said:
pye21 said:
I bought a hose kit from SFS. I had them do me a kit without any names or branding on it, in black, to keep it as OE as possible.

http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/prod_carkits.asp?make=porsche

thanks Pye. hope you are well

SFS kit is £67 plus delivery. its here: http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/prod_carkits.asp?make=porsche

Im pretty good thanks Nick.

Ref the bung, i used the one in the SFS kit and i cut the resonator up. I cut it so it kept a flange inside the airbox and put the cap on top and used the supplied jubilee clip to fix it in place.

I did this on my C4s and it made quite a difference in noise. Kept the hose and bung and did the same for my 3.4 C2 but it made little difference in noise this time.

Im not convinced removing the resonator box from the airbox actually does much or anything for performance. I didn't do it for either car and you have to be careful what you use as if the seals goes it will be unfiltered air sucked in.

Note I have the DT bung and it neither fitted the hole in the top of the resonator nor the hole in the airbox when removed. It was too big and too little respectively so seemed a waste.

fitted the DT bung and a snug fit. put the original hosing and clips back on so it all looks oem

defo noise change around 4k rpm and it seems to pick up better too/better throttle response.

also my low tick over seems to have gone and its normal now. maybe a slight vaccum leak somewhere?

will leave as is for now. when I do the Top gear exhaust will get the airbox out and look at the resonator from then when I have more time.

defo sounds more sporty that's for sure under load so happy with that.

I measured the diameter of the rubbers ends as follows for those who might do this:

throttle body - inner diameter 76mm. outer 80mm
intake to box - inner 88 mm outer 92mm
helmholz delete with bung - 45mm inner 50mm outer

Eldavo said:
I don't suppose that luck would have it that the wheel centre cap is the same diameter as the Porsche centre caps?

Unfortunately not, the one I have has an OD of 58mm with 52mm across the clips. A few quid from eBay.

Nick, if your happy the way it is then dont bother removing the resinator and just fit the silicon hose mate when you fit the exhaust, there is no significant gains to be had by removing the res box it just frees up a bit more filter but the BMC is more than adiquate to handle the air flow with the res box insitu :thumb: might be something to reconsider if you do the IPD GT3 tb/plen mod with a remap :thumb:

just ordered the ASH 45 degree long elbow reducer as per advised in earlier comment.

use the following discount code for 15% off next orders and it works:
ASHHOSES

hope that helps folks.

NLW73 said:
just ordered the ASH 45 degree long elbow reducer as per advised in earlier comment.

use the following discount code for 15% off next orders and it works:
ASHHOSES

hope that helps folks.

:floor: :floor: make sure you wear your glasses when putting in that code as I just read the discount code as A55HOLES :floor: :floor: :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back