Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For Sale 2003 Boxster 986S

IanG1

I have decided to offer up for sale my 986 Porsche Boxster S to pursue my dream of owning a 911. This car was my first dip into Porsche ownership after being a long-time admirer of the marque and it has been a brilliant entry level car for the 3 years I have owned it.

The car is the 03 model year which benefited from the facelift and came with the 260 bhp engine power upgrade along with other cosmetic improvements including revised front and rear bumper design and the glass rear window. The car is the desirable 6 speed manual which makes a great drivers car.

Exterior

The car is finished in artic silver metallic code L92U, the paintwork is in nice order with a deep shine, there are some minor stone chips on the bonnet which have been touched in and I had the front bumper repainted earlier this year by a local highly regarded body shop due to a minor scuff. I am very particular so went for a full bumper repaint rather than just a localised repair.

Being a facelift the car has the clear front and rear lights which really lifts the car, It has a metropole blue roof which contrasts perfectly with the silver paintwork.

The car comes on the optional 18 inch turbo twist II alloy wheels, these are in good order with only very minor chips to the surface, The car is fitted with Pirelli P zero tyres all round. It is also fitted with rear park assist which is handy when backing it into the garage

Interior

The interior of the car is finished in the optional extended leather in Metropole Blue with complementing carpets and over mats. It also has the factory upgrade hard back sports seats which offer more support and is also fitted with the teqquipment (just price these items up new) gear and handbrake levers finished in silver. The interior shows little in the way of wear in line with the low mileage and still has that distinctive smell when you climb inside and is a pleasant place to be.

Mechanical

The car has covered a genuine 56750 miles backed up with extensive service history and receipts. Last MOT completed November 2017 and passed with no advisories. In my ownership I have carried out the routine maintenance myself and documented the work carried out. This includes a recent oil and filter change and replacement of the serpentine drive belt and replacement of the air oil separator. I have also fitted a complete set of replacement OEM spec discs and pads which are now nicely bedded in. Being an S model it also benefits from the red brake callipers. There is evidence in the history of replacement of the rear main seal which is prone to leakage on these cars. There are horror stories of IMS problems with these engines but I have always inspected the oil filter after each change for evidence of any fragments which can indicate early signs of bearing failure. I also use the durametric diagnostic software to regularly check cam shaft deviation and all is within the recommended tolerances etc. The software also shows that the engine has not been subject to any level 2 over revs in its lifetime. There has been work on the front suspension, the most recent a change of the nearside coffin arm and tuning fork and wheel alignment carried out by Cavendish Porsche last year. The car drives beautifully and tracks straight, the engine is strong and pulls cleanly throughout the rev range. The ride is firm as expected in a sports car but these cars are so sure footed and handle superbly when pushed through the bends.

I searched long and hard to source this car and am very fussy with regards to my vehicles, I have since spared no expense to keep it in good order as any Porsche deserves. This is a second car for me and spends most of its time locked away in my garage under a dust cover quietly plugged into a battery maintainer ready for a sunny day and to be honest I spend more time cleaning it than actually driving it. There are lots of Boxster's out there for sale but not many as nice as this one. As the years tick by the best kept and maintained cars will always demand a premium so this offers pretty much depreciation proof motoring. The asking price is £9000 and I am located near Derby. happy to answer any questions etc

SOLD

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back