Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres 225 40 18

madams91

Evening all,

Why won't anyone sell me tyres!!

Was out in today's beautiful weather and decided to replace my ageing Pirelli zero Rosos with 2 new front of Michelin's PS4s as had heard good reviews..

Basically my tyre centre would not sell me them as they're not n rated?

Does it really matter folks?

Kind regards
Mark

No it doesn't matter. Porsche have a limited range of N rated tyres for older cars, I can't imagine that they will continue testing and approving new tyres for older cars.............

I fitted PS2s on my 996. The PS4S gets good reviews, but I'm not convinced the PS4 is a good choice for the car.

I asked that self same question of local tyre fitter and he had no issues. Got PS4 fitted to my wife's car (Hyundai veloster turbo) and they are amazing!!

PS4 a better tyre in all regards. Any tyre fitter who won't put them on is a jobsworth who doesnt understand anything beyond his tick boxes. I ordered my PS4s from Blackcircles, got them fitted at an ATS - the guy there just asked to make sure I knew which tyres I'd ordered, and that I was ok they weren't OEM, and I said of course.

Going to go one step further with the next set (rears) and go for a non OEM size too (275/35/18 instead of 285/30/18) so I can put PS4s on the back too.

jerzybondov said:
PS4 a better tyre in all regards. Any tyre fitter who won't put them on is a jobsworth who doesnt understand anything beyond his tick boxes. I ordered my PS4s from Blackcircles, got them fitted at an ATS - the guy there just asked to make sure I knew which tyres I'd ordered, and that I was ok they weren't OEM, and I said of course.

Going to go one step further with the next set (rears) and go for a non OEM size too (275/35/18 instead of 285/30/18) so I can put PS4s on the back too.

+1 I had a full set fitted while my car was at CG for geo etc 9 months and about 5000 miles ago - I have 225/40 front and 275/35 rears and the grip is amazing

No idea why Magic919 doesn't think they suit the car as the PS4 is a replacement for the previous version of the PSS and Chris Franklin at CG was happy with my choice too...

Appreciate both your help.

I've been running sport contact 2's on the rear with front zero rossos for 2 + years now and not had any problems.

It will be interesting to see how the ps4's grip in both the dry and wet. I do find the rosso's poor in the wet. And like the sound of ps4's all round!

I'll give you some feedback once they're on
:thumb:

I've got PS4s on the front of mine and PS2s rear and they're fantastic, in the wet and dry.

madams91 said:
Evening all,

Why won't anyone sell me tyres!!

Was out in today's beautiful weather and decided to replace my ageing Pirelli zero Rosos with 2 new front of Michelin's PS4s as had heard good reviews..

Basically my tyre centre would not sell me them as they're not n rated?

Does it really matter folks?

Kind regards
Mark

N Rating is a recommendation, unfortunately N rating tyre homologation comes after new tyres a launched globally and as have seen the latest tyres can be out of step from being N rated.

the Pilot Sport 4S are the best non N Rated tyres out there and are an excellent choice

911UK said:
N Rating is a recommendation, unfortunately N rating tyre homologation comes after new tyres a launched globally and as have seen the latest tyres can be out of step from being N rated.

the Pilot Sport 4S are the best non N Rated tyres out there and are an excellent choice

Some of them are now N rated. Presumably these are 991 sizes.

DRZ911 said:
The following 4 sizes in PS4S are now N0 approved :-

235 35 R 20 92 ZR(Y) XL | N0 E B 71dB £249.99
245 35 R 20 95 ZR(Y) XL | N0 E B 71dB £269.99
265 35 R 20 99 ZR(Y) XL | N0 E B 71dB £319.99
305 30 R 20 103 ZR(Y) XL | N0 E B 73dB £349.99

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211