Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

kurlykris said:
I saw your 996.1 at Oulton Park on Friday Adrian, looked great :thumb: Shame I didn`t manage to catch up with you though.
I spotted you on track and you were looking pretty good mate. :thumb:

alex yates said:
Not sure on which sound package, but some speakers have separate tweeters as seen below and some just had the cardboard woofers:

With

1359_4500_dscf8824.jpg

Without

s-l300.jpg

2 minutes of a job to whip them out and have a sniff.
Mine don't have the tweeters but they are 6 way with subs in the doors.
Not sure if they are all like that

I have fitted these JVC speakers into the original 996 dashtop speaker housings.
The difference in sound quality is significant and all for £15.

Did you leave the original tweeter in place or replace both speakers with the JVCs?

maldren said:
Did you leave the original tweeter in place or replace both speakers with the JVCs?

I left the tweeters in place and bridged them from the JVC units.

That looks like a great little mod. I might have a go myself at that price. The speakers aren't exactly great as standard.

MC

This is the online tutorial for what is a very straightforward job.
With the JVC speakers I bent off the mounting tabs and sat it on 5 blobs of araldite in the original housing.

I took an old mattress to the tip today in the 911.
I got some strange looks! :lol:

Versatility !

I always get funny looks when I borrow my Dad's full length ladders. They fit snuggly in the footwell against the passenger seat with the top down. Might strap my Vizsla to the top with some doggles and a leather flying hat on.

10 out of 10......or perhaps I should say 7 out of 7 :army:

Loving the brake applicator :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back