Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Failed spoiler motor?

thesmithsUK

Hi,

Rear spolier has been playing up.

Was working intermittently. Occasional warning light on dash. But hasn't worked for a couple of weeks.

So...I disconnected the gear mechanism from the motor. Tested it via my variable speed drill. Went up and down OK, though not as quiet as it should be. So I did the new 'ball bearing' fix courtesy of: https://www.bergvillfx.com/spoilerrepair/

It now goes up and down (when I power it from my drill) silently. So far so good.

But the motor won't power it! Is there an easy way to test the motor? (Related fuse is fine btw.)

Replacement ones seem to be north of £300!

MkCfrUz.jpg

Speedo works fine. Fuse OK.

I'm wondering whether it's a problem with the motor, or with the spoiler control unit underneath the dash...

Have you checked the micro switches?

The motor is toast. Tested it via a spare 12V battery - nothing.

I know you can open them up and refurbish, but life's short...

So I've bought a very reasonably-priced, used replacement from a fellow Rennlist-er in the US.

Should be here in a couple of weeks - will report back!

Just fitted the replacement motor - bingo, works perfectly!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back