Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

M&M Exhaust Fitting

matt_SM

Whilst fitting my shiny new exhaust I decided to embark on a mini clean up, which mostly involved cleaning up grubby areas and replacing tatty fixtures, fittings and heat shields. I don't have access to a media blaster, so this is not a Mark style clean but more preservation and grime removal!

Examples of grubbiness;

ZF16PNM.jpg

One afternoon of allowing my wife to enjoy the TV remote.

TQ1D0fL.jpg

M&M system with additional X-pipe silencers.

PImcUlS.jpg

iw6HTPH.jpg

XiEwEm1.jpg

iLdgmEC.jpg

LFQklqK.jpg

A little clean up down under (ooh er) revealed RSS toe links and poly bushes attaching the anti roll bar.

S43L1Tv.jpg

The drop links were removed (and replaced) but the roll bar was simple given a thorough degreasing with all fixtures throughly cleaned and or replaced.

wqI0l1k.jpg

Rear light alcoves were degreased, cleaned and smeared lightly with WD40.

iz3K4Po.jpg

Bumper brackets were cleaned and painted with satin black

fFZHq6E.jpg

The wheel arches and surrounding bodywork (under the heat shields) were degreased, cleaned and waxoyled. I am not ecstatic the waxoyl finish to be perfectly honest but it will do the trick in protecting the metalwork until such point that I explore more professional options;

DXiZvcL.jpg

KZGl7gr.jpg

Rear wheels cleaned and waxed with wheel sealant

So9Y83b.jpg

gaVpOiI.jpg

New manifolds fitted with OEM Porsche gaskets and studs

TYEOhLO.jpg

heat shields and back boxes fitted

TKgEHUB.jpg

6EwbZau.jpg

And finally my trainee is assisting me to align the bumper and M&M tailpipes.

uYqsjC2.jpg

That's about it for now. I've had to replace some tools along the route including a smaller torque wrench for improved access but it has been a lot of fun despite the very cold evenings in the garage!

I am also justifying the cost of the M&M exhaust to my wife on the back of reduced labour costs :thumb:

I hope you enjoyed the pictures - I only wish I took more.

Matt

Nice work Matt, its very satisfying work! I am also impressed at you undertaking it all yourself ! No grief with the exhaust manifold studs then? 4 of mine were seized in and needed helicoiling, ......

Did not realize yours was speed yellow as well! The best colour.... :wink:

Cheers Mark and JJT.

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't have tackled the manifolds, were it not for the fact that Paul Stephens had removed (the DesignTek) and replaced (the OEM) exhaust in entirety when I bought the car.

The silencers hangers were a bit fiddly - I could have used some child labour to reach into the tighter gaps!

It was an enjoyable process because I took my time and as such I could clean away to my hearts content.. Preaching to the converted!

Agreed it's a ray of sunshine and it always makes me smile
:D

Roll on sunny days.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back