Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4 GTS @ Paragon

d8ean said:
gary h said:
squelch said:
Well that sold promptly for an overpriced car with such a poor spec! :floor:

It seems Alcantara delete wasn't such an issue for someone, nor was the lack of a manual 'box. Oh and the 4wd doesn't seem to have put the buyer off either. Or, to put it another way: Someone got a great car with Full Leather, PDK with Sports Chrono and Sport Plus, and the sure-footed 4wd for higher cornering speeds too!!

As an aside, it may be interesting to some (or not) that Alcantara is NOT a premium product. It's vastly cheaper than leather - about 10-15% of the cost of leather if memory serves. (Many years ago I used to source hides and fabrics for a company I was working for). Alcantara is simply a triumph of marketing over material! Any "But it's lighter" comments will be ignored unless accompanied by a photo of their full trophy cabinet :hand:

Anyway, it will indeed be interesting to see how quickly the white aero-kitted 911V car sells. It's not my cup of tea (personally not a fan of the Aero kit rear spoiler on the GTS) but that's the great thing about the spec of any car, generally speaking, it's subjective and there's a bum for every seat! :thumb:

I reckon someone's got a great car with that Paragon GTS - wonder if they're on here at all....

Good points, well made sir, the GTS in all its guises is a fabulous car & the lucky buyer of the Paragon car will no doubt enjoy it for a long while....despite it's dodgy spec😂

he currently has a 991 Targa 4 GTS - binning it for this 997.... wants to be a bit more old school
Wow, that is a brave move as the 991 Targa is a fabulous looking car. Not sure I would follow suit as it's going to be a bit of a step backwards in most departments. That said, I would be in no rush to swap my older Turbo for anything newer without a manual 'box so maybe I should just zip it!

Good luck to him anyway but they are all great cars so each to their own I guess. I mean, who wouldn't like a nice low mileage 3.2C coupe to dash around in on a sunny afternoon in the Cotswolds?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back