Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Renewal time - Classicline ?

spongebob squarepants said:
Seventy Seven said:
Not impressed with Classicline actually....

Given feedback on this thread, I requested a quote. On line would not give me a quote. Eventually got a call and quote, which was ok....

I had 2 weeks until renewal and asked if they can agree value of my car and then if agreed, will proceed with premium and extra for agreed value.

They confirmed this was acceptable. I sent my form and pics for r agreed value, but never heard anything back. I also requested a summary of the quote, but did not receive this either.

Chased again, but not heard anything. Left with no choice but to go elsewhere!

Did you pay the 24 quid fee? Otherwise it won't go further, does state this on form :thumb:

No, but was told can do prior to agreeing to go ahead. If I misunderstood and they wanted the valuation fee no matter what, then I would have expected someone to tell me after my email to them...... didn't send over quote summary either!

Thing is, I would have gone with them.

Oh well.

Strange that I use Classicline and upped the value on my Noble last year ,they accepted an independent valuation ,no fee and did a new policy at no cost.

Now have both Porsches and our Q7 with Classicline. The 997.2 has just been renewed, extra value now £50k (they were happy to accept PCGB valuation which was free instead of the £24 option), extra driver and the same price as last year 7500 miles, £674 inc trackdays (conditions) and Euro breakdown.

The 996 (£12k) was only £324 inc breakdown 5000 miles.

The Q7 renewal with another company came in around a grand, best I could fine was £890. Classicline did it for £550 as we had the other cars with them and again included Euro breakdown which would normally be another £60/65. This was with the 12/15000 miles we do and business use.

Best thing for me was that the 997.2 renewal came in around the same price as last year, I then added a driver and a couple of grand extra value and the premium stayed the same, finally an Insurance company that wants to keep my business.

They said they could also quote my works van when it comes up next month too.

Seventy Seven said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Seventy Seven said:
Not impressed with Classicline actually....

Given feedback on this thread, I requested a quote. On line would not give me a quote. Eventually got a call and quote, which was ok....

I had 2 weeks until renewal and asked if they can agree value of my car and then if agreed, will proceed with premium and extra for agreed value.

They confirmed this was acceptable. I sent my form and pics for r agreed value, but never heard anything back. I also requested a summary of the quote, but did not receive this either.

Chased again, but not heard anything. Left with no choice but to go elsewhere!

Did you pay the 24 quid fee? Otherwise it won't go further, does state this on form :thumb:

No, but was told can do prior to agreeing to go ahead. If I misunderstood and they wanted the valuation fee no matter what, then I would have expected someone to tell me after my email to them...... didn't send over quote summary either!

Thing is, I would have gone with them.

Oh well.

Strange I sent pics and form they e mailed back within an hr fir the fee valuation approved within 24 hrs.

Classicline for me too, with my five cars. The Morris 8 and GT6 were both an outragous £75, (inc breakdown)

Classic line

I'm classic line but it seems to be more than most of you guys
Probably because I'm in London

2006 c4s agreed value £35k roadside cover
5k miles per year £685 ?
Jonny

I have my turbo and atom with classicline. Have been with them for the last 4 years. Really nice service. As already mentioned includes track cover.

996 turbo 900hp (all mods confirmed)
Agreed value
Age 30
Bucks postcode
6,000 miles / year

Just renewed at £880.00 up by £200ish on last year. I was about to haggle then I remembered I had it recovered twice in the last year both times it was quite a journey to the garage that look after my car. First time I ran out of fuel and learnt my fuel gauge does not work all in the same day! What are the odds...

515 per year, 5K per annum, aggreed value 55k. No claims bonus not required, I didnt realise they would do multi policy, defo will try to include the two other vehilces as they approach renewal, I didnt realise they did normo cars as well.

Got a quote from my current insurer @ £1143 for 991@ £70k, Admiral multi car £463 and Locktons £1100 (ish with a tracker). All limited to 5k miles.

Just checked on this thread so will give Classicline a call.

Classicline have come up best and no nonsense with a super service. Priced there and then.

A little more than Admiral but I'm happy with the package and keeping the replacement at a fixed valuation for 2 years.

Thanks for the advice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back