Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Building a picture of the 991

I've never heard of anyone having a replacement engine in a 991.1. I can't imagine it being much different to the 997.2 as the engine is almost the same.

Magic919 said:
I've never heard of anyone having a replacement engine in a 991.1. I can't imagine it being much different to the 997.2 as the engine is almost the same.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124613&sid=5a97d33d535c9ff18b4069cdb47ac3e8
https://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/45897-9972-gts-engine-trouble-looking-for-inputhelp/

991.1 GT3 engines aside if you google around and you'll find more. They are rare but like any engine they do happen.

Edit: The links are 997.2 engine failures and not 991.1.

Magic919 said:
I expect a new engine would be about half that. You hear all kind of crazy figures when people are selling or buying the Porsche warranty, but the real world figures are much lower.

:dont know:

A Tiptronic gearbox is £13k (incl VAT but not fitting) so I suspect £25k + labour for a replacement engine isn't far off the mark.

I've had a replacement 997.2 engine, so I'm aware of those.

A Carrera PDK box is just over £7k fitted with VAT. I don't think I'm far off with the engine.

Magic919 said:
A Carrera PDK box is just over £7k fitted with VAT. I don't think I'm far off with the engine.

Your prices sound like the 'exchange' cost to the warranty company after discount rather than the list prices of the engine/gearbox.

FZP said:
Main Force Patrol said:
FZP said:
Targa 4GTS in Carmine Red with Manual
*drops the mic*

If I knew what 'drops the mic' meant :?:

56 year old struggles with young persons language :floor:
Mic Drop = "Used to emphasize that a discussion is at an end after a definitive or particularly impressive point has been made."
GTS model has most of the bells you'd want and the Targa is stunning.
Teaching the codgers a thing or two....yeah boy
What am I taking about I'm 55 :bandit:

T8 said:
Magic919 said:

Your prices sound like the 'exchange' cost to the warranty company after discount rather than the list prices of the engine/gearbox.

There was no warranty company. I paid the OPC myself. As it happens, I paid less than this as I negotiated goodwill.

Ive seen a few gen 1 with high lift solinoid failure .. i saw many at the beginning with vacum failure on the electric valves that control a lot of things on the engine ( one fails and the whole system fails ) also there was a few campaigns on that fault .. you get a coolant waring message for that if it does happen .

Overall ive not seen many problems at all .

Cant say about the gen 2 .. not had any in for faults so far .. but most would delt with by OPC .. can say my old buddys havent informed me of problems with then so far .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back