Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage floor tiles.

Are you set on vinyl?

Hi these are what I used.
Excellent tiles in a range of colours. They have a design tool on there website.
Cost was ok for the quality of material.

Company is mototile.

Tel 01329 841416 : email: [email protected]

At the NEC last year there were dozens of companies selling them, there's a lot to choose from. I picked the cheaper 20cm sq ones with edging, got them supplied and fitted them my self, took about an afternoon and a rubber mallet to fit them.
They make a massive difference regarding cold striking through plus you can walk around the floor without picking up all the dust and rubbish.
Only problem is if I park the car in the garage when it's hot the 'cats' cause the tiles to buckle due to the heat so I've had to glue down some reflective material the same as they use behind radiators to try and stop it happening, seems to work.
Mines a double garage and it cost about £550.00.
Pic below.

Attachments

• 20161003_145352_429.jpg
    20161003_145352_429.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,572
easternjets said:
At the NEC last year there were dozens of companies selling them, there's a lot to choose from. I picked the cheaper 20cm sq ones with edging, got them supplied and fitted them my self, took about an afternoon and a rubber mallet to fit them.
They make a massive difference regarding cold striking through plus you can walk around the floor without picking up all the dust and rubbish.
Only problem is if I park the car in the garage when it's hot the 'cats' cause the tiles to buckle due to the heat so I've had to glue down some reflective material the same as they use behind radiators to try and stop it happening, seems to work.
Mines a double garage and it cost about £550.00.
Pic below.

Similar job on my floor. These are urethane studded tiles glued over a skreeded leveled floor. Really pleased with it. Looks smart and easy to keep clean and spot any trouble.... trouble being fluid leaks.

My tiles came from Plasfloor - Barkley Plastics.

Their web site is very good you can work out what you need and even make up patterns if you want. Just be careful when ordering the yellow edging strip, I sort of misread it and thought I was ordering individual pieces, I wasn't it was in meters so ruddy loads of it turned up but they took it back without a problem.

I'm in the middle of considering option for my garage. My local Ferrari dealer had a new floor put down about 12 months ago and I went back to have a look at it to see how it was holding up. They put down a resin floor system(Sikafloor 264).I was expecting it to show signs of wear but it was in as new cindition
To do my garage I'm at the following options:
Paint. £200
Ceramic tiles £1500 installed
Resin £2000 installed
Paint is out of the equation as it will need doing in 12 months.
Tiles are suitable and hard wearing.
The resin looks like an F1 workshop.
I've got a few weeks before I decide.

Lots of pristine looking garages.

How well do the tiles stand up in a working garage with metal storage racks, axle stands, trolley jacks and other hard points and heavy loads?

The ones I put down are very resilient, they do get marked but are easily lifted up and cleaned. The only thing that bothers mine as I mentioned is heat but once they cool down they go back to shape.

According to their web site they claim they're indestructible in normal use!

http://plasfloor.co.uk/

easternjets said:
My tiles came from Plasfloor - Barkley Plastics.

Their web site is very good you can work out what you need and even make up patterns if you want. Just be careful when ordering the yellow edging strip, I sort of misread it and thought I was ordering individual pieces, I wasn't it was in meters so ruddy loads of it turned up but they took it back without a problem.

Got some Plasfloor samples coming too.

easternjets,
thanks
Mike

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back