Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kwik fit 2 year deal on Hunter Hawkeye wheel alignment

The lad doing it even stated to me he wasn't overly impressed with how the system measured as when he left the shutter door open, he witnessed variation in the readings and swiftly closed the shutter once the car was on the ramps.

:?:

Hmmm, that`s interesting Alex and Demort, as Centre Gravity use the same Hunter Hawkeye system and they are "The" people to go for Porsche Geo setup :grin:

Sometimes the tools are exactly right for the job, but the operator is most definately not :nooo:

If any of the bushes are worn then a geo adjustment will only be approximate at best :?:

Wheels in motion use a Hunter system and have a great reputation for alignment. They do make it easy for the person using the machine, but it's not really a flawed tool.

When I purchased my first Porsche (964) I took it to Kwik Fit for a geo check. The car was massively out of alignment. They managed to loosen and adjust the seized bolts and get everything in the green. The car was totally transformed.

I was well impressed.

I suspect that KwikFit outlets vary considerably as do OPCs and Indys.

My local Kwik Fit have the Hunter rig. Does their alignment include setting kinematic toe? Does this absolutely need to be reset? I wonder if they know what it is :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back