Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bu@@er my gen2 C4S is broken, update now healed itself lol

alex yates said:
Sounds like a loose engine mount or something. Bet they've not put something back right after doing the job.

I agree, hopefully it's a quick fix.

Could the engine alignment affect the clutch/drive??

Not a good thing to hear.

Hope all get back to normal asap fella. :thumb:

GOODLUCK Phil,,,,hope you get it sorted without too much pain or cost.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Gutted to hear this Phil, I hope its something minor after all so the money youve set aside for it in your head with Man maths can be used for more mods...

Morning Gents, thank you all for the thoughts and support, My gut tells me its linked to the clutch replacement, but my head it saying its just coincidental.
the engine mounts are new OE with eurathaine filling so I am not sure if you can mis align fitting them
I will keep you posted :thumb:

Fingers crossed phill!
As your tech guy tested it without you in the car? Just thinking the new mounts might not be coping with the weight :worship:

Seriously hope it's a obvious easy fix! Any of our cars can develop a fault I don't subscribe to the 1 or 2 faults discussed on the net = don't touch that model with a barge pole. Good luck mate :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
Fingers crossed phill!
As your tech guy tested it without you in the car? Just thinking the new mounts might not be coping with the weight :worship:

Seriously hope it's a obvious easy fix! Any of our cars can develop a fault I don't subscribe to the 1 or 2 faults discussed on the net = don't touch that model with a barge pole. Good luck mate :thumb:

:floor: :floor: the first thing they did was look for left over bacon butty stuck in the engine .
totally agree its not the fact its a 911 it just happens to cars sometimes, bear in mind I now a lot of the history of the car proir to my ownership. and I have done 10k in it in the 10 months I have had it.

:thumb: :thumb:

Ouch - sorry to hear this !!

My LR Defender engine recently failed necessitating a rebuild so i know what it's like (all be it the repair bill here could be bigger of course).

I took the same view Phil is doing which is "i'll have a nice newly rebuilt engine at the end of it" which helps peace of mind :thumbs:

Fingers crossed though its a simple thing.

Phill my friend, I am gutted to hear this... BE JESUS man what is going on in this world...

I do hope all goes well and the end resolution is not to painfull. I am sure it will be ok in the end and fingers crossed will not be too bad.

Keep the pecker up mate !!

Sorry to hear this, hopefully it will turn out to be related to something that's been done recently and easily fixable. Too much coincidence for it to start after work and not have some bearing on it. Keep us updated.

Sorry to hear it Phil. However...you've squared away the budget with the girls that hold the budget...so hopefully it's a minor issue and you've then got the balance of the budget to spend on engine mods :thumb: :thumb: what's first?

G2 said:
Sorry to hear it Phil. However...you've squared away the budget with the girls that hold the budget...so hopefully it's a minor issue and you've then got the balance of the budget to spend on engine mods :thumb: :thumb: what's first?

:floor: :floor: well an update all compression tests are good no faults showing on the durametric pro ,they seem to be moving away from big ends being the fault as they think the tapping would be faster if it was that. the investigation continues , I am also hoping it ends up a minor issue or relatively minor as the dry bread and water for breakfast wasnt as good as a bacon butty :floor:
I have told them it could be caused by forum members wives and girlfriends so they are now inspecting all the cars orifaces for inserted femine hygine products :floor: :floor: :floor:

Hope its not serious Phil! :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back