Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stinky new clutch !

C2 YYY said:
I had my clutch changed about 3 years ago and it still sinks if I slip the clutch. I think of it as an early warning system. :D

3 years!..WTF .. Please can you describe the smell, is it really offensive ?... i can smell my clutch now and i have not been in the car for 6 hours :grin:

Does it smell as bad as mine did when I roasted it up at Kielder doing your video? Mine is currently being fitted with a new one too as the old one was completely trashed.

I look forward to comparing smelly clutches on run out soon! :thumb:

Ghengis said:
Does it smell as bad as mine did when I roasted it up at Kielder doing your video? Mine is currently being fitted with a new one too as the old one was completely trashed.

I look forward to comparing smelly clutches on run out soon! :thumb:

I remember it well Tom and the oil slick you made on the road , that's some car you have now , look forward to seeing you out again.

KP964 said:
C2 YYY said:
I had my clutch changed about 3 years ago and it still sinks if I slip the clutch. I think of it as an early warning system. :D

3 years!..WTF .. Please can you describe the smell, is it really offensive ?... i can smell my clutch now and i have not been in the car for 6 hours :grin:

Perhaps I should have said 3 years but less than 3000 miles. I cannot really explain the smell, but it's rather acrid, but only happens if the clutch is slipping - the car has a lightweight flywheel and RS clutch so the revs need to be quite high when pulling away in first. Under normal condition the clutch operation is very light a slick - so working perfectly.

My spannerman (40 years doing Porsche) tells me it's quite normal.

Mine still stinks after 3 years and 30 odd thousand miles.

Just to wrap this up , the smell from the new clutch went away quite suddenly after a couple of weeks .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back