Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First 'mods' complete after 2 weeks of ownership

Phil 997 said:
MarkC4S said:
Not into older Porsches so not twigged the throwback to the old badging; makes more sense now. Still I do think it looks OTT and shouty in modern "TXT speak" terms. Certainly I am not shy of a shouty colour :mrgreen:

Mark , you just need PORSCHE in acid green on the back of her :grin: :grin:

:?: now that might just work :eek: :sad: :thumb:

b9boy, that's lovely, welcome & enjoy!

Please though, for my OCD, either paint or get a black number plate screw cap, its making me twitch!!

just 911 digits look great :D

Attachments

• wp_20151209_002_1_169.jpg
    wp_20151209_002_1_169.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 3,348
cliffbase said:
b9boy, that's lovely, welcome & enjoy!

Please though, for my OCD, either paint or get a black number plate screw cap, its making me twitch!!

You're not wrong on the screw caps - it makes my skin itch when I see it......

I always tape my plates to the car to avoid the screw head problem but the front one in particular wasnt for staying stuck :(

Either way it needs sorting as you rightly point out!!!

I decided to keep it simple on the cabriolet, and instead of having the same full 991 set as I had on my black coupe (see earlier post) I went with the simple PORSCHE script.

badge.jpg

Les said:
I decided to keep it simple on the cabriolet, and instead of having the same full 991 set as I had on my black coupe (see earlier post) I went with the simple PORSCHE script.

badge.jpg

:thumb: :thumb: looks spot on Les

Clear 'Classic' lights, new brakes and a Heyward & Scott x-pipe being fitted tomorrow, Satnav update in 2 weeks time then it's a long 6 week wait to get the boxes Gundo'd.

Les said:
Clear 'Classic' lights, new brakes and a Heyward & Scott x-pipe being fitted tomorrow, Satnav update in 2 weeks time then it's a long 6 week wait to get the boxes Gundo'd.

Which X Pipe did you go with Les as i cant find it on their website?

p.s like the badging. nice and simple.

b9boy said:
Les said:

p.s like the badging. nice and simple.

on the gen2 mate there is a third centre silencer that the gen1 doesnt have , the H&S X pipe deletes that centre silencer . you need a different type of Xpipe with 200 cell cats for the gen1 . :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
b9boy said:

on the gen2 mate there is a third centre silencer that the gen1 doesnt have , the H&S X pipe deletes that centre silencer . you need a different type of Xpipe with 200 cell cats for the gen1 . :thumb: :thumb:

This is the pipe for the Gen2 that Phil mentioned.

021_centre_silencer_replacement_pipe_9_.jpg

Gen2s look a bit different from underneath don't they. They also have more room above the engine, as the DFI is smaller and sits a couple of inches lower in the chassis.

We all love a bit of jewllery, I think Porsche across the back looks quite good.

Nice one removing the Carrera badge though OP it was p11ssed anyway :thumb:

Les said:
Phil 997 said:
b9boy said:

This is the pipe for the Gen2 that Phil mentioned.

021_centre_silencer_replacement_pipe_9_.jpg

Gen2s look a bit different from underneath don't they. They also have more room above the engine, as the DFI is smaller and sits a couple of inches lower in the chassis.
Even as I look at that job of replacing the crossover pipe, I think, that job is a piece of p***. And in theory it is. Undoing those 10 bolts that had been rusted up was a pain in the bum. With no rust I believe you could that job in 2 hours start to finish.
1.5 days later..........
I replaced the hardware with stainless steel bolts and they still look brand new after 6 months.
If anyone takes that job on themselves they'd better be prepared.
But it looks great on and sounds better(although I did a cat back exhaust from Tubi)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back