Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Daily driver, the only drawback.

Dave_911 said:
silvermilnec said:
I bought a cooper D works to do all the ***** runs. The Cooper D a great little car, £20 road tax and 50+ to the gallon means it pays for itself with my man maths :thumbs:

I've got a £4k Cooper D for leaving at the station and it's the perfect daily in my view...decent enough so I don't feel I've sold out completely when I drive it, but never ever going to me think that I don't need the 911 any more.
Agree I love my mini it's fully spec with full heated leather pan roof works trim all for £3k and it's been mapped I love it!! I now think I'll never not have a mini or a Porsche fingers crossed 👍

Scholester said:
Main Force Patrol said:
I sort of use my 997 Turbo manual as a daily driver but I don't take it to the tip or Tesco's, so anywhere that may involve a busy public car park or where it may get robbed I take my wife's BMWx3.
The X3 is the most generic car I have ever driven, driving it is like having sex with a dry suit on, it's functional but nothing to get the heart racing !
But when I jump in the Turbo it is how I imagined it to be before I bought it, it's an occasion to be enjoyed and just a little frighting at the same time !

Since it's sort of a pension investment ( Man maths ) then I don't want to cruise up and down a motorway loading it with miles as it doesn't make any thrill sense either for me.

Would you mind posting up a [new] photo of my favourite Turbo? (Sorry Bobba) :camera: :food:

Would be my pleasure, this is an oldy from January.....

Attachments

• 2d6ee689_7192_49b0_9ad4_05ad2dd52282_343.jpeg
    2d6ee689_7192_49b0_9ad4_05ad2dd52282_343.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,484
  • de787c76_9007_4fec_beff_0461915dff2c_304.jpeg
    de787c76_9007_4fec_beff_0461915dff2c_304.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,484
So good I posted it twice ! :pc:

Haha yep exactly this, I don't think tucking a 911 in the garage is a "sacrilege" thing. It makes you appreciate it more when you bring it out on a nice day, Using it daily you take it for granted, Get used to it.

I waft around daily in an S500 Merc, which is still a pretty quick car for 3 tonnes of leather and cylinders. But when i step back into the 911 i realise how awesome a car is, and i'd driven it daily for a year since.

You don't wear your best time piece every day, You save it for the good days 8)

Been reading this thread with interest.

I've just bought my 997.1 C2 to use as a daily driver but with the condition and low mileage (30K) I'm already conscious of using it day to day. I cleaned it the other day and it looks pristine but it's been raining here since so I've got onto the bike and am cycling in :)

When my Defender gets its engine fixed i think i will use that day to day and keep the 997 for sunnier days and more special journeys. Wasn't what i bought it for but i want it to keep feeling 'special'.

I completely agree with what is being said here. Why use your pride and joy for boring commutes to the shops etc where it can get damaged. Instead use it for fun trips and places where you can put your foot down. My daily is a 15 year old mazda 6 with 145k miles on the clock (the thing just wont die). I probably should get a slightly newer car. With my daily being so different to my 911 its always an event to drive the 911. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back