Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retro 996's

I don't like many aftermarket wheels on 996, but as has been said on a lowered 996 they look fantastic! :worship:

coullstar said:
Another one. Needs to be low to work with the wheels.

I like the way that car has retro Fuchs but then the owner has fitted modern aftermarket LED lights. Bit of a contradiction. :grin:

I do like Fuchs and I considered gong down that route, but the GT3 look won out, simply as I love how they look.

What you spend on Fuchs you save on the aerokit, as Fuchs suit the bare look, maybe with a ducktail as you say.

I agree,
I think they'll look ace on yours. No problem with decent aftermarket ones either. In fact I don't even know if Fuchs do genuine ones in our offsets.

Also I like the side decals in dark blue in your other thread. Yours look lovely but in the navy blue they added even more of a retro vibe. Very subtle.

I look forward to seeing how yours ends up. :thumb:

Swaying more towards this. Have a 997 shifter on the way so might do a center console delete as well.

Trying to think of a way of keeping the OZ's though as I love them and there perfects spec but it just dosent add up for my limited budget build.

List to change is:
Fuchs style wheels.
Deeper simple front splitter as per Singer.
Center console delete.
Maybe change side decal to colour coded OR wheel centres to the same grey.
Subtle ducktail - I think RPM style one is a little too big so looking at alternative OR short term plasticote the slats on the engine cover black.

I have a plan, just need to find some cash to start it

:lol:

coullstar said:
plasticote the slats on the engine cover black.

I thought of this yesterday when I saw a pic of a guards red old skool 911, great minds..! Definitely going with a red/black theme for mine.

I think you should buy the Fuchs style wheels, keep them five minutes then sell them to me for half price. :?:

coullstar said:
Lol, you know me too well. For future ref the Fuchs replicas are £3000...... :thumb: :lol:

Better make it quarter price then!

I'm struggling to decide between Fuchs and OZ Alleggeritas for my 996.

The car is black and I think black fuchs are a bit too much black but the anodised silver versions are a bit 'bright' against the black paintwork. I'm considering having the silver parts (the rim and the 'petals') repainted in a graphite/titanium grey. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any pics (perhaps because it's such a terrible idea!) to get an idea of what it might look like, what's peoples opinions?

bparry911 said:
Suspension;
Engine mounts
Adjustable anti roll bar?

Engine;
- IMS bearing upgrade
- Water coolant upgrade
- Upgraded air filter

Drive Train;
Lightweight flywheel (If necessary?)
LSD? (If necessary)

I would probably look to do more suspension and less drive train....

i.e.
- polybush the suspension
- maybe fit the factory GT3 rear sway bar
- probably stay away from the LWFW....
- jury is still out on "upgraded air filters" (I've merely heat shielded my factory airbox and removed the resonator, etc)
- save the standalone IMS bearing upgrade, save for a fuller rebuild, maybe with capacity increase in future...

....if you had factory MO30 do you not also have the factory LSD? I'm assuming you had MO30, added bilsteins (coilovers? - if not def. consider coilovers) and retained the MO30 roll bars..? or were they added later as well?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back