Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

air con fan

elwyn

hi, started 996 carrera yesterday and noticed only one radiator fan working, have been advised its resistor that works first stage speed , this is the metal tube that sits in the clips at the bottom of the radiator?, has anybody done this repair? and where do i order one? thanks for reading, regards to all

They're quite expensive. If you can DIY, search on here for RS ballast resistor for a cheaper fix.

Is the fan working at all? I only ask as mine doesn't work and I assumed it to be a resistor, in fact its the fan that's gone so worth checking.

For a C2/4, a new OE spec fan is not too expensive from car parts 4 less, it seems to include a resistor, and is not a lot more than a new resistor from design911.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back