Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Climate Heating Controls -------

-- 997 --

Hi all as above in subject the climate control panel switch TEMP and FAN I wanna refurb them as it has some scratches on them, the rubbery texture has worn a little but nothing really bad etc us there a place I can get them returned I.e. painted/repaired?

Cheers

J

There are mate but dont use the one on ebay (not the ebay diy finns talking about) this is a company you send them to, I have seen some reviews of awful repairs , think there a company in scotland that do a decent job hopefully other will answer who . but in short yes they can be refurbed and its a known issue :thumb:

Thefinn said:
Clima repair have started selling them but quite expensive for two plastic switches.

http://www.climarepair.com/porsche-replacement-switches-for-climate-unit-v-3/

Or you can do it yourself by masking the lettering with vinyl letter stickers from eBay and a tin of plasticoat spray

Jeeesus Christ !!!! , £108 for two switches. I've taken my climate control front fascia apart already and all buttons are out!! Mmmmmmmm.........

@Phil, the ones on eBay are the vinyl transfer which you put on and then paint the switches black as long as the switches have been said papered back to plastic first !!! Don't know what to do !! £108 Is daylight robbery and it was reduced from £115 lool

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
@Phil, the ones on eBay are the vinyl transfer which you put on and then paint the switches black as long as the switches have been said papered back to plastic first !!! Don't know what to do !! £108 Is daylight robbery and it was reduced from £115 lool

Cheers

J

If you do it yourself and take your time sanding back the old coating on the switches they come out really well.

Thefinn said:
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

If you do it yourself and take your time sanding back the old coating on the switches they come out really well.

I think its what I'm gonna do !! I'll do it myself and will post pictures of before and after!! If I mess up then at least I've tried etc... 😁👍🏽

Cheers

J

I have just done a scan and climate repair in south wales are the same guys as the one on ebay that advestises the service they are £85 which considering they are questionable although seem to mave mostly good feedback ,personally I think I would spend the extra £30 and get the clima repair replacements or try a DIY job with the DIY kit

http://www.climarepair.com/porsche-peeling-knobs-sticker-kit/

Sorry Phil. But don't get that sticker kit it's horse s**t I have in the past and they are meant to stick over the whole switch, they are gloss black for a start and don't fit. You are better off just getting some vinyl letters of eBay and using them it works much better. Something like this but measure the letters first this was just a guess, I cut the fan symbol out but you could use a combination of stickers to get the shape such a as few ,,,,, and ......

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BECC-3mm-W...586678?hash=item3d5581fa76:g:Xj0AAOSwwhlaVM8V

Finn I know you have actually done it mate ,whereas I just brought another climate unit so I :worship: to your better knowledge on this :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back