Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wierd electrical/central locking issue

chriscoates81

So today at lunch I noticed my car wouldn't lock with the fob, using the key works and so does the switch on the dash. I also noticed the voltmeter showing around 13.5v rather than the usual just under 14v. Any ideas, I changed the regulator on the drivers window a couple of weeks ago but I don't think it's related.

Cheers guys.

interestingly the fob no longer opens the bonnet either. Does this mean its 100% the fob?

I would check the fob battery.

MC

I should of half inched a battery from work earlier lol.

When you press the fob does the red light flash ?

If not then battery or new fob required .

If it does then it still can be the fob but also the ignition lock or the drivers door lock asembly .

With a tester you can see fob activation plus the ignition lock fault (if you know what to look for ) and if the door lock drivers side is faulty .

The light does flash, im going to visit an indi tomorrow and see what he says. Why would the ignition or door lock affect the central locking?

If the car thinks the key is still in the igntion it wont lock ( yes with the central locking button but not the fob ) .. there is a switch in the ignition lock that can fail and cause this .

If the car thinks the drivers door is open it wont lock .. micro switch failure .

No light on the fob = battery or fob .

Hmm I did have an issue where the engine wouldn't turn over at all. I wonder if the barrel is knackered.

So I'm I change the fob battery and neither the bonnet pops or the car locks, I'm assuming either the fobs broken (despite light on fob flashing) or it's somehow become induced to the car?

Just tried it, still no luck and to top it off as soon as I open the car with the kettle alarm goes off. Weirdly I can still lock the car by pressing the fob button when it's in the ignition. Should I order a new fob?

Try fitting the fob battery upside down , then refit it the correct way .

There are other ways to try and reset the fob but i cant find the list :(

I would suggest get your indy to look at it first rather than just replaceing the fob as i find it strange it works when in the ignition lock as that takes us back to the ignition lock fault where it doesnt see the key being removed from the ignition .

I'm visiting an Indy on Mon night after work to see if he can resend it (I've tried battery upside down, key in ignition and pressing button) also my alarm goes off straight away rather than give me 10 secs which is quite annoying.

So after a visit to my Indy, there were no error codes but he thinks it's the sensor on the dash 99665325100. Anyone have any experience changing it, it looks as though it just pops out.

No fault codes and he thinks its this .. :popcorn:

yes it just pops out .

Btw .. thats the sun sensor and the alarm indicator light .

Attachments

• sensor_1_200.jpg
    sensor_1_200.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 3,548
There were some codes but I can't remember them. My issue is to take to Porsche is a sat job as I can't get there before they shut on a weekday. Do you think he's barking up th^ wrong tree, design 911 lists it as a sensor with no mention of it being related to sun. He's thinking its that due to the bonnet not popping up with the fob either.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back