Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally decided on a car and put my deposit down!

Scholester said:
Ducktail :thumb:

:yeah:

Phil 997 said:
worth toying with putting some 19" fuch alloys on it and as mentioned get the centre console painted midnight

I was going to mention a change of wheel maybe too but that's being picky :thumbs:

:congrats:

Look forward to seeing it around :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks to one and all for your kind comments on the car. Im picking it up on Saturday 24th Mach.

2 things on the the to do list:
repaint the calipers. Shall I stick with black or go with another color. Is it a big no no to paint a non "S" car's calipers red?

Im going to get the steering wheel recovered and made thicker by Royal Steering Wheels. Shall I stay leather or go Alcantara?

Phil 997 said:
its been remapped so would love to see a pic of the engine bay to see if its had a IPD GT3 throttle bodt /plen also done which is often why they remap them.

ps do you know which companies ducktail it is as the proportions are so suited to that car :thumb:

Im pretty sure the engine is standard as the previous owner only did the remap while it was in for brakes and the garage asked, would you like it remapped while its in?

I believe the ducktail is from Design911 but dont know for sure.

Do like the Ducktail! Love to see it.

Do you live in Buntingford? Come say hi, I'm in Hertford. 1st Sunday of the month Classics at the Goat is worth a visit in Hertford Heath!

A great impromtu uncontrolled roll in roll out meet up round the village green with the Goat pub and car park being used as a base. An huge range of cars, from DB6's DB2/4's to 911's to crazy hot rod roadsters and modern classics just turn up, park (nicely, not on the grass or blocking a driveway!) and wander round. Say hi, black C2S cabrio, reg starts F14, always around in Hertford area :)

Looks good! That ducktail looks great!

I would only suggest that it needs a splash of colour on the inside (some colour coding would be nice), and a set of spacers to give it the right stance.

Welcome!

PS You can paint the calipers any colour you want. Lime green, yellow, fuchsia, black... it's your car.

resigner said:
Do like the Ducktail! Love to see it.

Do you live in Buntingford? Come say hi, I'm in Hertford. 1st Sunday of the month Classics at the Goat is worth a visit in Hertford Heath!

Hi Yep I know the meet, been there many times in my TVR. Im sure I'll be along there in the Porker once the summer sun comes out so I'll no doubt see you there. :bye:

Really nice car and it's had a lot spent on it from what we can see, should be great for the incoming summer, says he with fingers crossed!

dp400 said:
resigner said:
Do you live in Buntingford? Come say hi, I'm in Hertford.

Can I ask who you use for servicing etc?

Matt of Porschacare. Used to be head mechanic at Portiacraftfor 15 years, set himself up about 3 years ago. lives in Welwyn Garden City, has a unit in I think Codicote. Does a great job, picks mine up and brings it back :)

Are you one of the "TVR boys" who come up the Goat? Has the TVR gone then?

resigner said:

Hi I didnt get around to going to The Goat at all last year and yes the TVR has been replaced by the Porsche.

Once Ive got the car Im going to contact Porschacare about looking after my car and initially getting a LTT fitted.

dp400 said:
resigner said:

Hi I didnt get around to going to The Goat at all last year and yes the TVR has been replaced by the Porsche.

Once Ive got the car Im going to contact Porschacare about looking after my car and initially getting a LTT fitted.

If it hasnt got an SSK, get a cheapo ebay one and get him to do that as well. I havent gone down the LTT route, just warm it up before ragging it as people say. Mine has been properly looked after though by previous fastidious owners!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back