Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Even more red.... Air intake

...might not like the filter or the colour coding but can't fault your car collection...loved the Monte Carlo, such a lovely shape...

Thanks guys obviously one man's meat is another man's poison etc. The 996 turbo I paid 20k for 2 years ago its a Cat D from 9 years ago it has 90k miles. So I wasn't that worried about ruining it so to speak! The Alfa and Monte I bought both a couple of years ago for 4k each I restored them and will now most probably make a good profit if I sold especially the Monte.

I have been lucky there as I have with my E30 M3 road track car I have nearly finished restoring that I bought 12 years ago for 9k but I have also lost plenty as I had a Ferrari 325 with 19k miles I sold for 26k 10 years ago and a 355 I sold for 30k plus an E30 M3 cab for 9k.... Am sure we've all been there!

I bought the GT3 as an investment 1 year ago its last of the line 26k miles in fantastic condition I am not selling that anytime soon.

Do you have any photos of the Monte as its one of my boyhood favourites?

Sorry, I posted a bit early and I can now see the line up with the alan ia tucked in. A few more photos would be nice though.

Yes, we can all look back with hindsight and think about oportunities lost like the 930 and 965 I didn't buy :wack:

barefoot said:
My car is originally silver with all black interior soooo boring... My Gt3 is yellow so you can see which camp I am in 😉

free photo uploading site

Yep camp is the one :wink:

Camp as a row of tents 😁 some Monte pics..

DUH6tm71.jpg

jeQWdGtg.jpg

it3yMek3.jpg

edM7RAw4.jpg

barefoot said:

So when I thought I couldn't add anymore red to the car I have.... I know some will say I will lose power it will suck in warmer air etc but its fast enough and now sounds better...

I am not asking you what your favourite colour is :D

Remind me of the time when I overtook a red convertible va new beatle with a family of 4 in it, all wearing red shirts and red sunglasses. Is that what you wear when driving? :thumb:

Ha ha no am too old nowadays but am sure I would if pushed! The only problem with the Monte was I couldn't fit my golf clubs in even though the front boot is big it is not wide enough, so I took out the spare wheel and made a rear boot space. The car does not overheat as there is loads of room still around the engine and I now have a puncture tyre repair foam kit....lot less weight than the full spare when the boot is empty.

:floor: :floor: :floor: modding at its finest :thumb: :thumb: and warm clubs as a bonus :grin:

barefoot said:
I have been lucky there as I have with my E30 M3 road track car I have nearly finished restoring that I bought 12 years ago for 9k but I have also lost plenty as I had a Ferrari 325 with 19k miles I sold for 26k 10 years ago and a 355 I sold for 30k plus an E30 M3 cab for 9k.... Am sure we've all been there!

E30 M3's :eek:

OMFG!!! :worship:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back