Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Daily driver, the only drawback.

Thanks Cliff , Frank, Its the cost of using it as a daily, bits wear out a bit quicker I guess and yes we do like to try and keep them special so we spend money on them that we wouldnt on any other car :thumb:

Ouch Phil 997. That's going to take the shine off for a few wage pack's.

I've been using a 911 as a daily driver on and off for 27 years.
The perfect car for every occasion.

PanozGTR said:
Ouch Phil 997. That's going to take the shine off for a few wage pack's.

:grin: :grin: It will mate, and sorry about the slight hijack although probably relative to those of us enjoying these cars as dailys , they are incredibly reliable and well made cars but the wear and tear items will mmmm well wear and tear :grin:

First drive today after a long winter in the garage. I can confirm that it feels very special after driving a combination of my pushbike and a 1.7 diesel Kia Sportage! Bring on the summer!

Ive run mine as a daily for 4 years, 50k miles. Second set of wheels with winter tyres.

This winter ive put it in storage as i now have a 4x4 tow truck also, cant wait to get the 911 out again on april 1st, its going to be like buying a new car but without the expense

I used mine as a daily but got fed up with it getting smashed up in car parks. 3 smart repairs in 6 months. Now I have a crappy daily for the commute, runs to the shops, dump, etc.

When I drive the 911 it's always a wow factor like the first time I drove it. I'll probably do 5k miles in it this year and they'll all be fun miles either meets, hoons or Euro trips. Roll on summer.

Nigel99
It sounds like we are doing exactly the same. 2009 997.2 C2S with a cheap car for work and carting the dog around etc. Just recently I squeezed my Dobermann in the back seats of the Porsche which was a little snug for daddies little princess so the the Corsa should be perfect

I agree with all that has been said.

I have used a 996, 997.1 and just bought a 997 4s to use as a daily.
Previously I also used an Audi TT as well. The 911 always felt special if I had used the TT the previous day . My only concern is how many dings I will get if its left in the car park at work but I am determined to give it a go until winter and then decide if its worth getting a winter hack.

During the recent bad weather i drove the Mrs's 1litre automatic yaris
Lol .back in the carrera 4 you have to adjust your reactions its on a different level
Oh and i found myself grinning like a madman and stroking the steering wheel

I sort of use my 997 Turbo manual as a daily driver but I don't take it to the tip or Tesco's, so anywhere that may involve a busy public car park or where it may get robbed I take my wife's BMWx3.
The X3 is the most generic car I have ever driven, driving it is like having sex with a dry suit on, it's functional but nothing to get the heart racing !
But when I jump in the Turbo it is how I imagined it to be before I bought it, it's an occasion to be enjoyed and just a little frighting at the same time !

Since it's sort of a pension investment ( Man maths ) then I don't want to cruise up and down a motorway loading it with miles as it doesn't make any thrill sense either for me.

Main Force Patrol said:
I sort of use my 997 Turbo manual as a daily driver but I don't take it to the tip or Tesco's, so anywhere that may involve a busy public car park or where it may get robbed I take my wife's BMWx3.
The X3 is the most generic car I have ever driven, driving it is like having sex with a dry suit on, it's functional but nothing to get the heart racing !
But when I jump in the Turbo it is how I imagined it to be before I bought it, it's an occasion to be enjoyed and just a little frighting at the same time !

Since it's sort of a pension investment ( Man maths ) then I don't want to cruise up and down a motorway loading it with miles as it doesn't make any thrill sense either for me.

Would you mind posting up a [new] photo of my favourite Turbo? (Sorry Bobba) :camera: :food:

Excellent post, which anyone who drives a 2nd car regularly can relate to. I often drive the wife's Ford, which is a bland-but-functional family car. After driving that, climbing into the 911 feels like heaven - even before you fire her up. The driving experience is second to none, I just wish I could drive mine everyday!

silvermilnec said:
I bought a cooper D works to do all the ***** runs. The Cooper D a great little car, £20 road tax and 50+ to the gallon means it pays for itself with my man maths :thumbs:

I've got a £4k Cooper D for leaving at the station and it's the perfect daily in my view...decent enough so I don't feel I've sold out completely when I drive it, but never ever going to me think that I don't need the 911 any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back