Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 & Porsche World - ECU & MAF upgrade article

TobesEtc

Did anyone read the article in this months 911&PW magazine about the ECU and MAF upgrades for 964s being offered by Pie Performance? The article said this would shortly be available for the pre-VR 993. Anyone ever seen anything similar or know if this is likely soon?

I have emailed Pie to ask, but curious if it's a known route?

I haven't read it so am not sure what's being sold.

However our cars already have a hot wire MAF compared to the flap system in the 964. Some companies and I assume Pie, offer a conversion kit to change from the flap to wire system. If their kit offers benefits over the existing hot wire system , it would be interesting to know what those are.

If the 993 has the newer MAF type, I can see this conversion may not be applicable. The article claims a much higher bhp gain on 964, 48bhp for the whole kit at about £3k.

Oh well, there was me getting excited about a decent mod/tuning opportunity. Should have known better!

As stated above a MAF change will never make a massive difference to BHP in any car. In fact I've ran cars with MAF deletes where cars will default to standard settings or remaps better.

The tried and tested 'Wayne" remap will get you the best results for about £400 lol, anything else is just a waste of money and better spent on suspension etc.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back