Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sim card adapter

thanks for the update, Will pop and get a 2nd sim tomorrow...
im guessiing you just forward your calls from your normal phone to your sim in the car to recieve calls. But how do you go about making calls, can you update the contacts from the PCM itself.. just cant think how you can get your contacts on the new sim if you dont remove it from the full size card.

cheers

Yep, just call forward from your main phone. Re. contact list. I ended up entering my most dialled numbers manually.

I'd never even considered getting the phone running in my car until I read this thread. I bought a vodafone payg sim yesterday, stuck it in today, worked out how to forward my calls on my iPhone...

All works perfectly! And for a 12 year old car it's pretty dam good. Another bit of the car working as it was meant to. Very satisfying.

Thanks to all for the advice.

j16kln996 said:
thanks for the update, Will pop and get a 2nd sim tomorrow...
im guessiing you just forward your calls from your normal phone to your sim in the car to recieve calls. But how do you go about making calls, can you update the contacts from the PCM itself.. just cant think how you can get your contacts on the new sim if you dont remove it from the full size card.

cheers

You can get your existing contacts onto a credit card sized sim.
1. Copy all your contacts into a file
2. Get a credit card sized sim reader
3. Get a credit card sized sim software updater
4. Copy 1. to your cc sim.

The main issue is - to get all that is a little expensive and time consuming considering you'll probably use 2 contacts from your list :) I have looked round at phone shops etc to see if any of them do it but as soon as you say "credit card sized sim" they think you are some sort of freak.

Nastymatt said:
You can get your existing contacts onto a credit card sized sim.
1. Copy all your contacts into a file
2. Get a credit card sized sim reader
3. Get a credit card sized sim software updater
4. Copy 1. to your cc sim.

is it possible to do it with another sim card reader apps? I tried it with momosim but it didn't work. please help me. thnx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back