Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4 GTS @ Paragon

apollokre1d said:
Cheib said:
The 2wd GTS is more in demand because it's seen as the better drivers car and also the 2wd GTS is the only 2wd wide body 997 apart from the 997.2 GT3 RS.

Aren't the 997.1 GT3 RS and 997.2 GT3 also wide bodied 2wd cars :?:
Negative
Carrera/S/GT3 Narrow Bodied
Carrera 4/4S GTS/4GTS/Turbo/GT3RS Wide Bodied
For both 997.1 and .2

tom_nieto said:
That 991 4S at harbour cars is a beauty! While the GTS is rarer, it's pretty hard to justify at the same price as the newer car.

I'd agree that you'd have to take a serious look at that car if buying a 4wd 997.2 GTS and that's the car you want. As with a lot of Porsche's it's all about spec...I'd argue that 997 GTS prices are totally driven by demand for the 2wd manual coupe...with the 408 bhp Powerkit engine it's quite a special car for a non GT 911. The Powerkit engine revs out that bit better than the standard engine...the engine and gearbox combination is just fantastic. £70k to £75k is the right price for them and they sell quickly when they get listed at that price. Quite a few people say the GTS should only be available as a 2wd Coupe.

The two things that are obviously ageing in the 997 are the PCM and the PDK gearbox. The former can be solved with an iPhone the latter will become more of an issue as the car gets older. You already read posts where people have gone back to a 997 from a 991 and found the PDK suddenly seems a bit ponderous. 992 is a year away, I am sure PDK will be another step on. PDK gearboxes are also very hard to work on. So as the cars get older I think the pricing difference gets bigger between manual and PDK cars.

FZP said:
apollokre1d said:
Cheib said:
The 2wd GTS is more in demand because it's seen as the better drivers car and also the 2wd GTS is the only 2wd wide body 997 apart from the 997.2 GT3 RS.

Negative
For both 997.1 and .2

Thanks for the confirmation. Someone needs to update Wikipedia :)

The body of the 997 GT3 RS is 64 mm (2.5 in) wider at the rear than the 997 GT3 (a legacy from the Carrera 4 models with which it shares its shell).

apollokre1d said:
FZP said:
apollokre1d said:
Cheib said:

Negative
For both 997.1 and .2

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Then there's the Speedster and Sport Classic, plus the GT2RS.

Seems to have sold. Big price for that car IMHO

Looks like 911V have a manual aero kitted GTS at £80k. Think it's 2WD too.

Gareth64 said:
That's GT3 territory with that pricing. I love the GTS but when it's that close to GT3, I'd bypass straight to the GT3

Gareth64 said:

911 V do a great job with 997's seem to sell them quickly when they get them. Be interested to see how quickly this one sells as it's "Hexagon money".

Well that sold promptly for an overpriced car with such a poor spec! :floor:

It seems Alcantara delete wasn't such an issue for someone, nor was the lack of a manual 'box. Oh and the 4wd doesn't seem to have put the buyer off either. Or, to put it another way: Someone got a great car with Full Leather, PDK with Sports Chrono and Sport Plus, and the sure-footed 4wd for higher cornering speeds too!!

As an aside, it may be interesting to some (or not) that Alcantara is NOT a premium product. It's vastly cheaper than leather - about 10-15% of the cost of leather if memory serves. (Many years ago I used to source hides and fabrics for a company I was working for). Alcantara is simply a triumph of marketing over material! Any "But it's lighter" comments will be ignored unless accompanied by a photo of their full trophy cabinet :hand:

Anyway, it will indeed be interesting to see how quickly the white aero-kitted 911V car sells. It's not my cup of tea (personally not a fan of the Aero kit rear spoiler on the GTS) but that's the great thing about the spec of any car, generally speaking, it's subjective and there's a bum for every seat! :thumb:

I reckon someone's got a great car with that Paragon GTS - wonder if they're on here at all....

OPC Wilmslow have a white 4 GTS in manual with 40k on the clock at £66k. Given that's OPC pricing it doesn't seem bad value at all really.

squelch said:

It seems Alcantara delete wasn't such an issue for someone, nor was the lack of a manual 'box. Oh and the 4wd doesn't seem to have put the buyer off either. Or, to put it another way: Someone got a great car with Full Leather, PDK with Sports Chrono and Sport Plus, and the sure-footed 4wd for higher cornering speeds too!!

As an aside, it may be interesting to some (or not) that Alcantara is NOT a premium product. It's vastly cheaper than leather - about 10-15% of the cost of leather if memory serves. (Many years ago I used to source hides and fabrics for a company I was working for). Alcantara is simply a triumph of marketing over material! Any "But it's lighter" comments will be ignored unless accompanied by a photo of their full trophy cabinet :hand:

Anyway, it will indeed be interesting to see how quickly the white aero-kitted 911V car sells. It's not my cup of tea (personally not a fan of the Aero kit rear spoiler on the GTS) but that's the great thing about the spec of any car, generally speaking, it's subjective and there's a bum for every seat! :thumb:

I reckon someone's got a great car with that Paragon GTS - wonder if they're on here at all....

Good points, well made sir, the GTS in all its guises is a fabulous car & the lucky buyer of the Paragon car will no doubt enjoy it for a long while....despite it's dodgy spec😂

As one who specced a new GTS in 2011, I just wanted to say that 'Alcantara Delete' was my first box ticked - followed by PDK and another £20k's worth of goodies. All personal choices for my 10th 911.

Really glad I did too... :thumb:

gary h said:
squelch said:

Good points, well made sir, the GTS in all its guises is a fabulous car & the lucky buyer of the Paragon car will no doubt enjoy it for a long while....despite it's dodgy spec😂

he currently has a 991 Targa 4 GTS - binning it for this 997.... wants to be a bit more old school

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back